• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prestolite Dual Point Tach Drive

I cant read it to blurry even magnified what does it say number wise?

This car is very original with left hand wheel studs drivers side, ball & trunnion driveshaft and other items that I could very easily believe it is original to the car. Maybe they were just using parts remaining on hand.

left click on it..it gets larger

No the parts book decoded that tag already. Net to the the VP2?

If it is the 4011e your good 4011ES is a factory replacement. Thanks did not know it did that been sending them to desktop and enlarging them. Which collum?

Optional parts. Could have been special order, or just added to. Bless Ma!
That's what I am thinking. It is in the parts book as right I would go from there.

Like I mentioned earlier for some reason they put tach drives in with no mechanical tach installed no idea why. Your lucky you still have the cover no on repos them at all that I am aware of. Got asked a bunch of times if I would sell the, No way I am taking them off a rebuild.

Tony's pasts sells correct vacuum cans, repo's.
No numbers springs or shim with them. Just got one drop shipped from him to me for a customer. Was actually dropped shipped from Mega Parts!!!!!!! Was kind of disappointed with that from him.

Well I guess it's cleared up as good as it gets. I have sent it to Joe White in Ohio to dial it in, performance curve and the like. I had a slight hesitation off idle under load...at first I was thinking pump squirt but not the case. I have an Eldebrock Performer intake & a 750 Eledebrock electric choke installed. Car runs like a scoulded dog! And that unsilenced air cleaner is pure music!

Have to ask what does he charge for that? Think I have been doing it way to cheap.

I don't know...we haven't discussed

Let you know when I get it back...he should have it by tomorrow..

He has a nice restored Sun machine

Thanks. I had no idea any one else was doing Mopars. Thought he was a builder of new ones.

He has a nice restored Sun machine
LOL I have six of them actually. Guess I am a addict! Trying to get each model. Paramount does a fantastic job restoring them.

Ha! Your addicted! Love it~!

No numbers springs or shim with them. Just got one drop shipped from him to me for a customer. Was actually dropped shipped from Mega Parts!!!!!!! Was kind of disappointed with that from him.
What, you have to add the internal spring and have it shimmed and the curve set? Geez. Have a couple of NOS Hemi vacuum advance cans, no guts. Bought a couple of NOS V8 complete vac cans to rob parts from. Have them to set curve after rebuilt on a couple of dist I have.

Nice to have them getting hard to fine. There are a few different springs to set the rates and the shims limit the amount. Getting the older style cans nos is really starting to get expensive. Think the last one I got nos for a customer cost around 85, but had to be NOS only. I have a guy that does a great job rebuilding them just the turnaround varies.

Auto Transport Service
Back