• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prestolite Dual Point Tach Drive

The tach drive is what's puzzling me...

"I have never seen one in a Sport Fury. All the tach's I have seen were mounted in the console and electric. Thanks in advance!"

Very nice, maybe they can clear it up! Thanks!

Got the alert. Yes the vac advance is for after 1968 style. The other pic with the long one is the one you want. Here is what I need to look up the number. Year/engine/ carb (s), transmission auto or manual. That if I remember could be on a wedge car. A lot of the early ones had tach drive dist but not using the drive, usually capped off.

Probably one of those race items, Ma offered back then. Stock tachs were electric. Tach drives for added on tachs. Neat stuff for those days.

Got the alert. Yes the vac advance is for after 1968 style. The other pic with the long one is the one you want. Here is what I need to look up the number. Year/engine/ carb (s), transmission auto or manual. That if I remember could be on a wedge car. A lot of the early ones had tach drive dist but not using the drive, usually capped off.

imagejpeg_0037.jpg

Ok, maybe thats too small...fixing

Probably one of those race items, Ma offered back then. Stock tachs were electric. Tach drives for added on tachs. Neat stuff for those days.
A lot of 300's came with them. I sold the crap out of them at Carlisle.

Can you get a better pic or tell me what the numbers are there is nothing in my book on 426 in a b body at all. Using the glover? sheets.

This is out of the parts book. Yes Galen decoded this car back in 2003.

20190815_220949 (1).jpg

Thank you Galen, always screw his name up. Cant read it at all what number do you think it should be?
sent you a pm

See the VP2 on the left in that parts book photo......Sport Fury

Auto Transport Service
Back