• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Check: 1969 Charger R/T

Look at the pictures of the rear wheelwell. You can see that the quarter has been replaced by the excess sheetmetal beyond the wheel lip molding. The dashboard, ash tray & steering column paint looks like crap, the inner driver's door is missing the mirror, the K frame & oil pan are beat up & the exhaust looks like crap and those Flowmasters have got to go. No underhood or trunk pictures & my guess is that they look even worse.

That's exactly where I stopped looking. That wheel lip molding fitment is atrocious! The paint is another story. If it looks that bad in photos I can only imagine what it looks like in person. 20 footer for sure.

edit:

Seller rating: 1 = Personally I'd stay away.

Last edited:
dude should have dropped the camera and picked up a cutoff wheel......

I actually emailed and called the seller today. Not much information. I specifically asked for trunk and motor bay pictures, but got the response "you need to know the reserve is 34K".

The VIN decodes as a 383 car; the ad says 440. Can you tell from the VIN if this is a real Super Bee?

WM21H9 6 3G1275
W- Coronet
M- Meidum price
21 - 2 door
H - 383 1-4bbl B engine High Performance (not all 383's were High performance?)
9 - 69
G - assembly plant - St. Louis, MO

I assume this is a flip car that might have been put together fast for a sell?

In Wyoming Thursday. Hope that 318 Coronet that is now a 440 is not a disappointment (although he has a title loan, so I know there must be issues already).

All things considered, if this car had a solid trunk, and the motor bay looks reasonable, would this car be worth high 20s?

No fender tag.
No power steering.
Probably drum brakes.

Still I might consider if the price was $7,000 lower.

Last edited:
No fender tag.
No power steering.
Probably drum brakes.

Still I might consider if the price was $7,000 lower.
Without even seeing the car in person I would start negotiations at $15k. If there's no supporting evidence of the "restoration"...walk away.

BTW, going back to that Charger R/T (the original subject of this thread). There was some questioning of the Vintage Air installation (hoses routed through the camber access on fender well). This is not a hack! If you read the Vintage Air installation, this AC was properly installed.

http://www.vintageair.com/Instructions2013/901238.pdf

I've now seen two cars on eBay with this same AC install method.

Knowing this, I now prefer the Classic AC as it uses the firewall hose connections.

For me, that would be a difficult car to own. I just don't get a good feeling anything has been done right. I would probably value it higher before the "restoration". I went to look at a 68 Super Bee last year. It looked awesome in the pictures. It was crap, and I knew it instantly when I saw it in person. He was asking $25,000, I offered him $18,000. Of course he said no and after I thought about it on the way home, I was glad he did. Too many guys think they can make millions flipping old cars.

Additionally on the Super Bee - Did not come with a 440 in '69, ONLY the A12 cars had a 440 in '69 and this is NOT an A12 car. Ramcharger hood is probably not original to the car but not sure. Regardless, it should have engine callout emblems on the hood scoops. Rear finish panel is not correct for a Super Bee, it should be a flat black finish instead of the polished aluminum shown. VIN that is stated on the add is NOT a valid VIN for a Super Bee. Radio trim panel is for a '68, not a '69. Headlight surrounds are wrong finish. Seller has a "feedback rating" of 1? Big RED FLAG right there.

One more thing, transmission cooler lines have been cut and rubber hosed.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT UPDATE!
The seller of the Charger R/T texted me just now. He had to take the car off eBay due to a emergency trip out of town.
The car is still available, although I'm still not sure if the price is affordable.
At least I'm still in the game!

Just to let you know, checked the additional photos on this link and have a few more comments for your decision making process.

Trunk floor looks to have been replaced with a two piece pan, has big ugly seam showing right up the middle. Poorly done.

Engine compartment photos look like the Ramcharger hood is NOT original to this car, or else the correct air cleaner assembly was removed for some reason. Also does not appear to have the "Fresh Air" cable under the dash and through the firewall that is necessary for the N96 (Ramcharger) hood. It appears that the hole and grommet IS in the firewall for the N96 cable, so not sure what happened with the N96 setup. Looks like it does have a fender tag, that's good, but we can't see any of the codes on it. Need to see the tag, especially for the N96 questions.

Would I pay upper $20's for this car? Probably not, but would need to see it in person. It is obviously not a numbers matching car.

Mr Mopar and Missiles you are a great asset to this forum! Thanks! I'm convinced to look elsewhere.

I need to go back through this thread and review your opinion of the original Charger R/T post.

Just to let you know, checked the additional photos on this link and have a few more comments for your decision making process.

Trunk floor looks to have been replaced with a two piece pan, has big ugly seam showing right up the middle. Poorly done.

Engine compartment photos look like the Ramcharger hood is NOT original to this car, or else the correct air cleaner assembly was removed for some reason. Also does not appear to have the "Fresh Air" cable under the dash and through the firewall that is necessary for the N96 (Ramcharger) hood. It appears that the hole and grommet IS in the firewall for the N96 cable, so not sure what happened with the N96 setup. Looks like it does have a fender tag, that's good, but we can't see any of the codes on it. Need to see the tag, especially for the N96 questions.

Would I pay upper $20's for this car? Probably not, but would need to see it in person. It is obviously not a numbers matching car.

I noticed the trunk pan also. But check out the firewall, engine & front end wiring, crusty master cylinder, lack of voltage regulator, painted cam bolts, extra hole in firewall and paint flaking off the engine. That thing is a POS......

1472081-26-large.jpg

Looking only for 68 or 69.
Calling appraiser today to see what he'll charge to look at the charger. That should reduce the guess work a bit.

Is the appraiser also doing an inspection? From what I've found inspections are about $400, which is better to spend and be safer than sorry. See if they do a compression test also.

Keep us posted!

Looking only for 68 or 69.
Calling appraiser today to see what he'll charge to look at the charger. That should reduce the guess work a bit.

I got the listing in this morning's email. Not sure if I like that color. Canada would be $$$$$$$ shipping to Tucson, plus import paperwork.

Auto Transport Service
Back