• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Check 1969 Super Bee "survivor"

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
It has been many years since I have posted a price check.
I spoke with the seller and he really could not give me many details. He did say that if he buffed the paint "he could easily get 60 grand for the car".
It is located in Chicago, but advertised as in Glendale Arizona.
When I discussed documentation he hung up on me. I have sent an email asking for underbody pictures and documentation.
Okay FBBO experts start throwing the darts.
1969 super bee 383 4 speed survivor - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

Sounds like a scam, I bet the seller is willing to ship, if you send him the money.

Another flag, it’s not a survivor if it had paint work.

I spoke with the seller and he really could not give me many details. He did say that if he buffed the paint "he could easily get 60 grand for the car".
When I discussed documentation he hung up on me. I have sent an email asking for underbody pictures and documentation.
1969 super bee 383 4 speed survivor - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

The info and pictures are not good enough to determine how survivor-ish it is. You'd have to see it person or get a lot of specific photos.

I like the dark stripe on the F8 like my Charger. Stealthy!

Too much. It's not a Charger. I would guess about $10k less? This of course is just my opinion. But I saw a couple go across Mecum for less. (Auto trans) But ALOT better shape? If verified as true original survivor? That is still on the upper end of price value.

I could be wrong. But again, just my opinion.

For posterity:

00606_cUj3pnOXLgVz_0t20CI_600x450~2.jpg

VIN: WM21H9G236633 ? Difficult for me to read the last six digits.

The condition of the fender tag is what I would expect to see:
Screw on left is painted.
Tag is creased near the left screw.
Screw on right is not painted.

Looks like the identical car advertised by an outfit in Cadillac, Michigan. The car is NOT located in Michigan. Also, somebody needs to take a photography course.

1969 Dodge Super Bee 4-Speed Survivor. I am proud to offer this 1969 super bee 383 4-Speed. This is a true 4-speed Survivor totally matching numbers. The only thing I can see that is altered is vinyl top and battery clamps. This car was owned by one of the largest mopar collectors in Northren Texas. This car has been well preserved and shows zero rust or rot on body or Frame, The interior looks like the day it left the show room. The paint is slightly faded but shows very well for its age and is original. Please Note The Following **Vehicle Location is at our clients home and Not In Cadillac, Michigan. **We do have a showroom with about 25 cars that is by appointment only **Please Call First and talk to one of our reps at 231-468-2809 EXT 1 ** FREE Consignment Visit Our Site Today Easy To List Your Vehicle and Get it Sold in Record Time.

Sources:
https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/77807512#seller

https://www.classiccardealsusa.com/details/used-1969-dodge-super-bee/77807512

Last edited:
Engine repainted.
Alternator pulley is for two belts.
Aftermarket carb with electric choke and rubber fuel line.
Hose clamps
Looks like the only thing not repainted was trunk and hood.
Steering wheel wrapped.
Likely a replacement trunk pad.
Repair end on the positive battery cable.
Replacement washer bottle.
The seats look to be recovered seem a little loose.
But I'm no expert.

Me personally i wouldn’t buy a car from someone that hung up on me, don’t care what it is. And if u keep asking about it ,He’s thinking (fish on) and your not going to get a good deal anyways. Just my opinion

Hi Bill,

the quarterpanels look good from the outside. No sherman or goodmark quarters.
Bodylines look sharp. Should be checked out if they are full of bondo though.

Factory sidescoop car (M46) is relatively seldom. D21 factory 4-speed is a plus in my book, too.

Welding lines around the trunk channels look great as does dutchman panel from above.
As mentioned in the e-mail before: V-roof, stripe and seatcovers have been repalced. So I question the term survivor/original paint.

So far from the pics alone the body looks nice and it has good options.
It could be an interesting car.
Unfortunatly the seller doesn't seem to be knowledgeable or trustworthy.
IMHO it should get an inspection before purchasing.

Fender Tag is an original, no fake, so no worries from that point

Best wishes from germany

Carsten

Last edited:
Different era. Bee’s like this are usually scam bait . I real offer or contender would be prepared to answer your questions quickly and without the BS. Scam written all over it

If you can't get eyes on it, walk away and keep searching.
Bingo... I would've replied to him, " So, why ain't you out there buffin' that up NOW ? " I get a kick out of all these vultures that get a grip on a Mopar, then start throwing it out there like a piece of chum to see what uninformed fish will pay, err overpay, for a car they know nothing about.

That car needs a lot to meet that price several things wrong under the hood alone.

So what is it you're looking for? A real superbee that's numbers matching investment car? Or are looking for a car that you can drive whenever you feel like it and smoke the tires like a fog machine.

Auto Transport Service
Back