• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Systems Carbs good or bad.

you must be the only one mate sorry to hear, I have had great customer service and great item.
did lots of research on them before I bought one too and not a single bad comment about them

Its not me its my buddy who purchased one but its been down hill so far and he is mad that they take so long to call back & then can't tell you when its shipped back to you and he got his parts 5 days later then when they said it was shipped & when he called there to ask what was wrong not one person could help him no one knew anything.. In any business i have ever dealt with there is a thing called a work order then when its done its posted to that persons file what was fixed or so on just like i do in my business so i can answer my customers question...

I know other on here have had great things to say about them but so far its been very bad for them on this end with my friends purchase.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original post. I thought you wanted our feedback, but all I have seen is a rant.... But I still will make my 1st call to pro systems because of the performance and the service. The dyno also showed 20 plus HP over all the box carburators, and the responce on the track was awsome.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original post. I thought you wanted our feedback, but all I have seen is a rant.... But I still will make my 1st call to pro systems because of the performance and the service. The dyno also showed 20 plus HP over all the box carburators, and the responce on the track was awsome.

Well first off its not a RANT i was asking if others have have a good or bad experience with the company & so far they have not lived up to what they claim period.. & we have contacted the company at least 9 times by phone and email and each times it takes forever to get a call back & then the person calling back can"t give any details of the work done on the carb any special items i have ever ordered had the build sheet/ info with it and a tech line that could help so far this companies customer service once the payment has been made & the part has been shipped ..... sucks. I am glad your worked great so far the one my buddy purchased won't even hold a idle & its been sent back lets see if the next one works.

you must of pissed them off, because whenever I send an email I get a response right away, I get all details sent to me whenever I want, and the quality and performance of my carb is outstanding. best carb in the world IMO

you must of pissed them off, because whenever I send an email I get a response right away, I get all details sent to me whenever I want, and the quality and performance of my carb is outstanding. best carb in the world IMO

No sir i ain't pissed off at all i just don't understand the lack of customers service and quality & like i said before i am gald you have a great carb & your happy...

Update Prosystems has sent a all new carb and taken the other one back and i am happy to say so far it is running very well on my buddies car... With that said i still think there customer service needs lots of work..

Its not me its my buddy who purchased one but its been down hill so far and he is mad that they take so long to call back & then can't tell you when its shipped back to you and he got his parts 5 days later then when they said it was shipped & when he called there to ask what was wrong not one person could help him no one knew anything.. In any business i have ever dealt with there is a thing called a work order then when its done its posted to that persons file what was fixed or so on just like i do in my business so i can answer my customers question...

I know other on here have had great things to say about them but so far its been very bad for them on this end with my friends purchase.
You are correct, Patrick's service after the sale sucks donkey dick. I dealt with him for awhile. I bought a 950 from him. Had a flat spot in it when i would open the blades, tried every setting with mix screws and couldn't nail it down. Seemed like a lean spot, but i didn't have a A/F gauge at the time to know. After the 3rd time on the phone to Patrick, he said"SEND IT BACK,JUST SEND IT BACK, so i did, immediately. I had it back in the mail in about an hour after that arregance.

You are correct, Patrick's service after the sale sucks donkey dick. I dealt with him for awhile. I bought a 950 from him. Had a flat spot in it when i would open the blades, tried every setting with mix screws and couldn't nail it down. Seemed like a lean spot, but i didn't have a A/F gauge at the time to know. After the 3rd time on the phone to Patrick, he said"SEND IT BACK,JUST SEND IT BACK, so i did, immediately. I had it back in the mail in about an hour after that arregance.
I have a friend that has a carb shop that fixes some of Patrick's carbs, Dom@Thumpercarbs. I have 2 of Dom's carbs on a tunnel ram that work flat out flawlessly. A 12.5:1 511 BBM. It will idle in traffic for as long as you like and not foul a plug. It cruises at 14.0 a/f and idles at 13.8-14.2 and will run 10 o's at 134. Its in a Barracuda A body and weights 3500#. I had a Dominator from Dom as well, Flawless. You will have to turn a screw here or there, but no big deal. Hell, i think the old ProForms are better the Pat's carbs. I did try Pat one more time just to see. It was a 1000 and fully tuned a Biggs 850 was a 10th quicker. Give Dom a call, he will be with you after the sale forever.

Too many fingers in the pie with ProSytems anymore. I used to do the carbs for a buddy that raced chebbys (back when 10s were blazing for a street/track car:rolleyes:) and at one point he bought a carb from Patrick. It worked great and only needed some minor tweaks for the environment. Fast forward a few years, he got another from them and it sucked. Mismatched main body gasket, poorly tapped emulsion bleeds and crap in the passages...real amateur hour stuff. We weren't the only ones to have issues. And you're right about the lack of service.
I've not dealt with Dom but I know his rep and know guys at the track that love him. I haven't had much need anymore for the high-end carbs in some years but I had good experiences with the guys at AED (Dickeys) and they were always willing to help and share knowledge. There can always be problems and good service after the sale goes a long way...

Too many fingers in the pie with ProSytems anymore. I used to do the carbs for a buddy that raced chebbys (back when 10s were blazing for a street/track car:rolleyes:) and at one point he bought a carb from Patrick. It worked great and only needed some minor tweaks for the environment. Fast forward a few years, he got another from them and it sucked. Mismatched main body gasket, poorly tapped emulsion bleeds and crap in the passages...real amateur hour stuff. We weren't the only ones to have issues. And you're right about the lack of service.
I've not dealt with Dom but I know his rep and know guys at the track that love him. I haven't had much need anymore for the high-end carbs in some years but I had good experiences with the guys at AED (Dickeys) and they were always willing to help and share knowledge. There can always be problems and good service after the sale goes a long way...
AED has always been a good carb shop to deal with.

For a custom built carb I would recommend Mark Whitener at Lightning Racing carbs. His service after the sale is fantastic. He is the one doing the work. He is the one you talk to. He answers questions if you have them. I've been very happy. Dom at Thumper Carbs seems to have a good following as well. Though I personally haven't used his stuff. The leave pic in my avatar changed to this after swapping to his carbs.
Doug
174448048_3906967526046292_8214301937167098902_n.jpg

For a custom built carb I would recommend Mark Whitener at Lightning Racing carbs. His service after the sale is fantastic. He is the one doing the work. He is the one you talk to. He answers questions if you have them. I've been very happy. Dom at Thumper Carbs seems to have a good following as well. Though I personally haven't used his stuff. The leave pic in my avatar changed to this after swapping to his carbs.
Doug
View attachment 1193711
Mark's one of the best!

I have several buddies running Pro systems Carbs and we have here at work on several engines with good luck and Patrick's service has always been top notch for us. However, on my 528 Hemi, we tried 2 of his 1050's, and also tried 2 BG 1090's on my engine while on Dyno and my engine had better AFR'S at idle, cruise and WOT with my out of the box old school Holley 1050's. Made slightly more power and torque with the Holley's also. These were all tweaked and tuned with the each bank O2's and 8 EGT's in each header tube.

I have several buddies running Pro systems Carbs and we have here at work on several engines with good luck and Patrick's service has always been top notch for us. However, on my 528 Hemi, we tried 2 of his 1050's, and also tried 2 BG 1090's on my engine while on Dyno and my engine had better AFR'S at idle, cruise and WOT with my out of the box old school Holley 1050's. Made slightly more power and torque with the Holley's also. These were all tweaked and tuned with the each bank O2's and 8 EGT's in each header tube.
Assuming tunnel ram, did you have to stager jet the set up to get it in perfect tune?

I have to agree with Doug and others about Lightning Carbs. Mark straightened out my E85 1050. Before he worked on it I couldn't even get the wagon to leave the line.

Mark had me bring my carb to him while I was wintering in Florida. I figured I would drop it off go over the problems and pick up in a few weeks. Nope he tore it down while I was there. Pinned everything made changes, replaced parts, test ran it on his dragster and I was out the door. Great guy to talk to.

share it again/repost

There are a couple guys on here that have used them IIRC
&
Hemi-ITIS, Blown Hemi Build 2x4bbl

vastly different combos

IIRC they maybe can share/shed a better light on them...

There's a lot of racers on their FB site, that seems to love them too...

they look like they have some quality type parts in them too,
not sure which carb your buddy has, but most I've seen are pretty trick
still need fine-tuning probably too

it's not that tough to tune/change the parts, if necessary,
Just like a Holley basically
squirter's {accel. pump nozzles} accel. pump cam,
accel. pump to 50cc & jets or air-bleeds
different altitudes, quality of air, weather & track conditions,
all makes a difference,
even if you give them the details of the build, it's just a guideline,
IMO every engine will want something slightly different,
even using the same parts
it will still dictate a slight difference, in tuning anyway...

I know it's probably frustrating,
if it's ordered to be tuned to a specific build,
but it should still be fine-tuned for the exact combo,
it's "actually going on" & the conditions too...

sounds like someone may have made a mistake possibly too

good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back