Proflo 4 distributor clearance issue

Resto-Mods & Pro-Touring forum

1. tmaleck

tmaleck FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    7:04 PM
    This is more of an FYI than anything, but I went to install my Proflo 4 distributor and it does not clear the sidewinder heads from Marsh. I'm assuming I need to grind the head for clearance, I'll report back on how that goes.
    Tim

2. Dennis H

Dennis H FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Have you been on the Edelbrock Forums? There is a guy there with a similar issue. Tech support there has been outstanding.

3. tmaleck

Local Time:
    I have been on the Edelbrock forums. Nate has responded and I think I have my answer.
    Tim

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • tmaleck

Local Time:
      Well, I got the distributor in last weekend. Had to grind off 1/8" give or take to get room. Then I had to retard the drive gear one tooth. If i had left it in the stock orientation, the cap retaining screw hit the head, so no static timing advance was possible. Now I can get plenty of static timing +/-. I just need to account for that with housing position. That let me get the water pump housing fittings done and get the intake installed. Getting closer...
      intake_right_view.jpg intake_left_view.jpg intake_installed_front.jpg distrib_clearance_front.jpg distributor_in.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.