• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

I'm with them guys. Post something Matt I know you were doing a lot of cleaning and sprucing up work on the Imperial engine bay. How sweet is it looking these days? Hope you made some time to enjoy it .. also do you still have the R/T ?

Car **** please.:sixpack:

hi matt glad to see over here its been awhile but have you been playing on the sites, quit with the B/S now post some photos because you no we like our car **** over here and this .......... :worthless_thread::icon_thumright:

Hey Robert, I've been doing custom carpentry, light metal fab and precast concrete for years and years among other things. I made it into a few magazines last year that featured my work about the same time I was moving into the building which gave me even more confidence that I was doing the right thing. Eventually I would like to be just building custom pieces full time in my shop but for now my client work has been keeping me very busy. The shop continues to be a work in progress but it's a place where I can play with my cars and a home base to make a living out of. Here's my website and thanks for your interest.
http://mattmichalec.com/

site was nice, professional looking

- - - Updated - - -

welcome back

Thanks guys, I do appreciate it. I have gotten a lot done on my Imperial and that project is ongoing and I don't see why it won't be exactly where I want it for spring. I'll put an update on it in the "Rollin' large and in charge" thread at some point.
I also spent quite a bit of time with my latest addition to the garage which I bought from my dad last fall. He could no longer drive and enjoy it as much as he'd like to for many reasons and I am thankful that I was in a position to be able to keep it in the family. It didn't need a heck of a lot but I planned on putting some miles on it over the summer and it wasn't quite ready for that. With my girlfriend riding shotgun and a solo trip to the Mopar Nationals I managed to put over 4,000 miles on it this summer and most of those were topless!:grin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 557
Thanks guys, I do appreciate it. I have gotten a lot done on my Imperial and that project is ongoing and I don't see why it won't be exactly where I want it for spring. I'll put an update on it in the "Rollin' large and in charge" thread at some point.
I also spent quite a bit of time with my latest addition to the garage which I bought from my dad last fall. He could no longer drive and enjoy it as much as he'd like to for many reasons and I am thankful that I was in a position to be able to keep it in the family. It didn't need a heck of a lot but I planned on putting some miles on it over the summer and it wasn't quite ready for that. With my girlfriend riding shotgun and a solo trip to the Mopar Nationals I managed to put over 4,000 miles on it this summer and most of those were topless!:grin:

My wife sees this one Matt, ill hear it good! We both love the 71 and a convertible to boot, thats some summer miles you can enjoy for a long time and its great you are keeping it in the family! Have fun buddy!!

WHOA Detmatt1 . . . now that's an awesome ride ! ! !

Ok - now I gotta get my rear in gear and get my convertible completed so I can enjoy the ride like you ! ! !

RIDE ON DETMATT1 . . . too cool ! ! !

Hee hee . . . topless ! ! ! Gotta love it ! ! !

Gotta agree, my favorite cars are 69 charger, 70-71 challenger and the 67 b bodies. Nice car

That's a beautiful droptop Matt. Gotta be kinda rare with the butterscotch color too

It's all numbers matching 383 4bbl car with air conditioning, Hell my Imperial wasn't even ordered with air!!!

Here are a few highlights from the summer with the Challenger. On top a photo op at the proving grounds with a buddy of mine, next was just a kool shot in my shop before taking the Imp out on Woodward to meet the same buddy in his '62 Chrysler wagon. Next the car was invited to be parked in the circle in front of the WPC Museum for the CEMA show which was an honor and the last pic was one of the road trips with my girl to the Lake Michigan shoreline. One from the Woodward Dream Cruise parked with some friends cars and the last one was from Windsor Canada with the Motor City for a backdrop. Lots of mostly trouble free miles!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Couple great back ground shots there Matt! real nice...

Back on topic! Stopped by for a look today after I was told they got to work on it. It's really looking good and will probably be painted by next month. Woohoo!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 376
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg