• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project long haul...

YES SIR! I wonder some mornings if ill make it buddy lol, I was just getting up to fill that stove again when i seen this... Kind of a nutty thing if you were a stranger on earth, watch some nut cut and split and then stack a bunch of wood all summer and this white stuff comes and you just throw it in a black box and burn it up.. Ummm, crazy thinking i guess but its that time and im surrendering i think to some sleep, a hot shower and that stove has me tired! :) ya all have a good night!......

- - - Updated - - -

And ill make spring IF ITS THE LAST I DO! :)

I did forget one important, to me, bit of info, I ordered a Torsion bar cross member from Mark (moparmarks) And im waiting for it, Im not ready to put it in but Mark had one and it saves me a bunch of money compared to waiting and having to buy a new one thru AMD, It should be here by the third and in grateful we have a member not only saving original parts for our cars but helping us by selling some... Mark is a great guy to work with and he is as fair as can be with his prices and the quality of the parts is in a word, Outstanding!..

Hey Ron. Ya we all wish winter would go away. But up here, we don't have any snow! I remember as a kid building snow forts in the drifts. Not anymore. Not only would the kids be to busy "gaming" but there is no drifts to speak of! I often wonder what is going on. Especially with the East getting nailed this year. Unbelievable. On another note, those pans look awesome. It will be nice to work woth fresh metal. And it is very cool that someone is saving old steel for us. AMD builds some stuff, but not all. I know this because of my '66. Not a single piece! There are some repro parts but not much. I have many recycled parts going on. Anyway, keep the fire stoked, cold fingers and toes really put a damper on ambition!

Ron,

It's a good thing you have a shop foreman to keep you on the straight and narrow. I'm sure you would be bungling up the job (like I just did with mine) without her! :grin:

Nice progress. Little by little it will get done!

Now as far as the winter and cold. I need to just bite my tongue and stop complaining, but man, not only is the cold slowing me down with progress on the car, but it is ALSO costing me an arm and a leg to heat my darn house! Spring: Please come soon!

Hawk

YES SIR! I wonder some mornings if ill make it buddy lol, I was just getting up to fill that stove again when i seen this... Kind of a nutty thing if you were a stranger on earth, watch some nut cut and split and then stack a bunch of wood all summer and this white stuff comes and you just throw it in a black box and burn it up.. Ummm, crazy thinking i guess but its that time and im surrendering i think to some sleep, a hot shower and that stove has me tired! :) ya all have a good night!......

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO Ron . . . Never really thought if it that way, but you hit the nail on the head . . . and the "load" that I have to carry out from the fireplace is far lighter than the load that I put into the fireplace too . . . ( smile ) . . .

Have to agree that it is a lot of work, and my living room is very warm, and the bedrooms are freezing . . . so I added a fan, that pulls air from the bedroom ceilings, through a vent, and dump the air into the living room. This allows the cold air from the bedrooms to warm, and also caused the air to move down the hall to the bedrooms and warm them up a bit. Still a temp difference, but not as drastic as it was before.

And I love the feeling of the warmth of the fireplace in the living room too . . .

But my woodpile is dwindling quickly this year . . . ( sigh )

- - - Updated - - -

Now as far as the winter and cold. I need to just bite my tongue and stop complaining, but man, not only is the cold slowing me down with progress on the car, but it is ALSO costing me an arm and a leg to heat my darn house! Spring: Please come soon!

Hawk

Hawk . . . I know the feeling . . . the cold is slowing me down too ! ! ! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH ! ! !

it is March now boys. it wont be long now. once the weather breaks, I firmly expect to see parts flying and sparks flying and progress in a forward direction. I see the sun shining here this morning, so I may have to open the doors on the shop and blow the funk out.

Hey Ron. Ya we all wish winter would go away. But up here, we don't have any snow! I remember as a kid building snow forts in the drifts. Not anymore. Not only would the kids be to busy "gaming" but there is no drifts to speak of! I often wonder what is going on. Especially with the East getting nailed this year. Unbelievable. On another note, those pans look awesome. It will be nice to work woth fresh metal. And it is very cool that someone is saving old steel for us. AMD builds some stuff, but not all. I know this because of my '66. Not a single piece! There are some repro parts but not much. I have many recycled parts going on. Anyway, keep the fire stoked, cold fingers and toes really put a damper on ambition!

How's this for ya, this was my after work playtime with the kids yesterday. We built an Igloo, a snowman and did some sled riding in the yard and as you can see we have plenty of snow. I don't seem to remember my dad pulling the sled up the hills over and over again like my kids are making me do though? Fun times

20150301_144246.jpg

20150301_144213.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I had to laugh at this one................. Boy ain't that the truth. To make matters worse I screwed up this year, I had skids set up to stack my firewood on and knew that if I stacked them all about 5' high I'd have enough for the winter.................. Well one of my skids is missing and I didn't catch it so I'm plum out of wood. Been to busy at work and with the kids after work activities that I haven't had time to get more so we're burning propane and it isn't the same. I'm making it top priority to fetch some this week!

Last edited:
Devin, I do hope the wood situation is working in your behalf!! I would hate to think about running out myself as we do not have a furnace back up, its wood or we will get cold here... I thank all you guys and today was not a day that worked out to good as far as getting anything done but my torsion bar cross member got here from Mark, honestly i didn't even go out and check it out today but, tomorrow im sure will be a better day.. Thanks again fellas!!!

Hey guys just a quick note hear tonight, i got my torsion bar cross member from Mark and as usual, its in fantastic shape, He does sell quality parts! Thanks Mark! and thank you all for the inspiration, i should add that i ordered my paint for the leaf springs and differential and one more set of Blair spot weld cutting bits... Long haul was a good title here :)

Pretty cool guy, got to meet him twice now at the Nats so yeap your in good hands. No worries on the firewood either, I took down a couple dead and dry trees and am cooking hot again (should be good to go). Now its back to the garage to get the Charger ready for spring. Don't worry it won't be long and you'll be able to work comfortably again!

Mark is a stand-up guy! Quality stuff at a good price...

Keep on mushin' Ron!! cant wait to see tire patches outside 40th an Plum!!! :headbang:

Ron I'm sending some warm weather your way! I too have been a little sluggish as of late but getting back at it now.

Hey guys, long week and day but ill share some pictures, i hope i have them in order, last few days while waiting for parts its been the inside of the P-side rocker, didn't expect to find bad on this side but ive been working getting the floor out and while waiting thought some repairs would be good and i know some of you are like me and like pictures of things done so i hope you enjoy.. ill enjoy a nights sleep and week end upon us :) After i finish any butt welding i use Eastwoods "metal to metal" and smear over the seams, kind of push in any place i missed or pin holes, something most wouldn't do maybe but i have a good peace of mind doing it myself, I think ill need to make at least one more patch on this side, hope not, maybe not but... I kind of slipped away from the rear work lol, i hope next time i update the trunk pan will be welded in!!! And i cant help it, my wife loved the shots of the inside of the rocker.. me to lol!!! I wish these were in order, ill blame myself being tired but you guys do the same stuff so im sure you'll decipher it :)I know some guys that are "car guys" as described but man, i know of know one who gos to extremes like Mopar guys, maybe we are nuts! could it be! Naaaa, im getting old though, It doesn't matter what kind of rock and roll you love but, BUT im sitting here now after a shower and im glad to be watching Bruce Springsteen on Dish network and not standing there right now.. You young guys,,,,,,, STAY young, body and mind!!!! lol.. whatever it takes! ya-all have a good one.. :)

100_3513.jpg100_3512.jpg100_3510.jpg100_3508.jpg100_3503.jpg100_3515.jpg100_3514.jpg

100_3513.jpg100_3517.jpg100_3519.jpg100_3530.jpg100_3531.jpg100_3514.jpg100_3515.jpg100_3503.jpg100_3508.jpg100_3510.jpg100_3512.jpg100_3516.jpg

100_3513.jpg100_3479.jpg100_3533.jpg100_3534.jpg100_3516.jpg100_3517.jpg100_3519.jpg100_3530.jpg100_3531.jpg100_3514.jpg100_3515.jpg100_3503.jpg100_3508.jpg100_3510.jpg100_3512.jpg100_3472.jpg

100_3513.jpg100_3481.jpg100_3485.jpg100_3472.jpg100_3479.jpg100_3533.jpg100_3534.jpg100_3516.jpg100_3517.jpg100_3519.jpg100_3530.jpg100_3531.jpg100_3514.jpg100_3515.jpg100_3503.jpg100_3508.jpg100_3510.jpg100_3512.jpg100_3480.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I reckon i did mess up somehow doing pictures, lol, im tired, don't care but there is int 3 or 4 rockers ive fixed guys :)!!!

Ron it's comeing along and looking good . All you guys with snow you want the heat your more then welcome to it ,you guys get snow and can't work we get heat and can't work hell we walk out side to get the mail and you sweat like crazy, I miss the snow and the cold but don't want to deal with it though .anyways hope you get back at it soon

Nice progress Ron! LOL, it was good there were some extra pictures so if I missed something on one I could always get a second look!!! (smile)

I have been spending some time under the dash doing a lot of cleanup work. It isn't fun. Thank god the seats are not in the car, but even without the seats it hurts after a while! However, I am trying to follow your advice about staying young - mentally, I am still 14 or so - at least that is what my wife claims!

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back