• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project long haul...

Looks good, and familiar, as I just got past this part! Yours looks pretty solid, keep up the good work.

Looking good Ron, looks like your fightin the good fight, kickin rust and corrosion butt!

Keep up the good work.

Work is looking great Ron. I'm sure once you get that bird on the road, you will feel like you are in your 20's again. Got some more trunk parts coming in by the end of this month, so hopefully I can resurrect my thread.

Ron, you are doing a great job as always. Keep up the good work, that is what helps keep you young.

Looking Ron, spot drill exspress full speed aheahd!

Hey guys, I always tell everyone what kind of guys we have on this site, I don't lie when i say it, you fellas, each one of you gives me so much inspiration it's unreal, it makes me even coming here after ive been gone so long want to head out and do some work just so i can post it up for everyone watching!
I truly thank each one of you for your comments, You guys are the top of the line for sure and i thank you all, my wife thanks you.. I wish i had something now to report coming here, ive been busy is a small way to explain i guess, my mom is very sick and with numerous problems that i wont go into.. With ma and yard work, getting our next winter's wood in i have not been working on the 69, I did get the drivers side trunk extension in though, my only car work is im putting a new radiator and another intake on my 73, i still haven't got it done yet but im working on it when i can, I have to have it, makes me younger, more steady and just plain gives me some fun and joy with everything else it seems falling apart lol..
As soon as i can take one of the rainy days we should be having and the only thing i could do is work in my shop if im home, ill post up what i do and get done, I want to take a night and do some reading and looking at what you all have done, i can only imagine how far behind i am with all you guy's projects, winter time i don't miss much, this past winter and now with ma i know im missing a lot, but i will get caught up, being here is like an inspiration pill i think! :) Take care and God bless you all, i do appreciate all!!!! I see even the thanks button has changed lol, oh well snooze and loose... I WILL post some updates soon, Im getting the itch so it's about time to take a day with the Runner...

Hey Ron ,sorry to here about your ma hope all turns out well. Hey a little work is better then none. All I've been doing is buying parts for the rallye and stuck the sunroof car in storage. So at least you did something on yours . Looking forward to see what you do next on the car . Good luck with your ma .

That's the great thing about this place Ron, you can do what needs to get done and we'll still be here. Family comes first, sorry to hear about your mom, just do what you gotta do and take care of the home front.

take care of your Ma, Ron.

the Runner will wait patiently for ya...and so will we!!

just remember, a little somethin' somethin' is better than a little nothin' nothin'. whenever you get a chance to do just one do one thing big or small, it's a anudder step towards the Runner back out on the road!!!

good luck brother :headbang:

May the spirit of your son live on in the build you are creating! I've been following your work and wish you and he the best in bringing another mopar back to life.

God bless!

- - - Updated - - -

Love you're sidekick - not sure what you call it. Back in the day we used them in Minnesota all the time!

I wish your mom the best Ron, hang in there.

Hi guys, its been awhile i know but i do have a small update, i decided i needed my "Bird of prey" fix so i took a small break in getting wood ready for winter, garden and yard work and so much more, including the all important keeping Gabby girl in ole Christy to the same ice cream stand Susan and i went to when we were going together, that's fun for all of us... My mom is not getting better and its good to see her each week...
I thought i ordered my Q-skins thru AMD.. WRONG... Another company and they fit good everywhere they should except in the back, they made them so they go over the tail light buckets so i cut it off and made tabs to bend in where original was.. (see pictures)... I also found some pictures im not sure i put in so ill leave these, trunk pan welds and seams sealed.. ill try to remember my camera in the AM and get you pictures of the skin on and started. Im sorry im late and forgetting, so much happening here im absent minded worse then normal! After the skins are on the inside will have a good coat of primer, tommro i should have another update with inner fender and skin on and started... The floor braces at end i bought from Mark (moparmarks), just as better if not better then new, the 3 core radiator sits in my 73, very good investment. Later guys...

100_3600.jpg 100_3599.jpg100_3573.jpg100_3574.jpg100_3575.jpg100_3576.jpg100_3577.jpg100_3578.jpg100_3583.jpg100_3584.jpg100_3585.jpg100_3590.jpg100_3591.jpg

Last edited:
You have to love new sheet metal! Progress,moving forward,and looking good...where did you get the rad? It looks nice.

Outstanding progress Ron!!!!! It's therapeutic for me to get out in the shop too buddy. Your really coming along and it looks great.

I'm also happy to hear your mom is getting better. I've always said it is family first. Everything else seems to fall in place once the family is taken care of.

Keep on keeping on brother !!!!! Thanks for the update.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the new radiator too. Where did you get it?? I'll be looking for one that will fit my Challenger.

Good progress Ron - little by little it's getting back together!

As was well said by MarPar, the 69 will patiently wait for family - take care of and cherish Mom while she is still around. I hope things go well on that front. Keep your chin up and wish Ma the best from all of us!

Hawk

Great work Ron. May I ask what alum radiator that is?

Nice work Ron, repairs are looking great (don't think those spot welds are going anywhere) and the radiator looks sweet as well!

Thanks a bunch guys, i will tell mom although im sure she wont understand, I would like to think she will be around for one more CHRISTmas but she is not good so we do what we can, enough said.... i did manage to finally get my pictures for you but im playing with the new windows 10, i hope i have this part right lol
Before i down load these (i do hope) the radiator i bought from EBAY, i would need to try to find the paper on it to tell ya the price of it but i am very happy with it in my 73! some POR-15 on the inside of skins after roughing the metal up with some sand paper so it sticks well (Thanks Joel "elk" ) rust inhibitor under window mechanisms and skin on and bottom and top spot welded in place, one final check of everything and then a LOT of weldin! one patch while i was waiting on some things went onto the firewall on P-side, not done yet but its started... I will leave a picture of Gabby girls new Lab pup, he doesn't look perky as normal but i was in a hurry, also our garden (cant wait for canning don't ya know :) ) but we use and love tomatoes, peppers will be cut and froze and winter squash will last us the winter, a small portion of wood im getting ready for to, lots to keep busy but when winter comes, as long as the stove is filled, im happy in my small shop, getting larger though:) and taking care of Gab's when she gets home, life is good guys...i hope to be back soon... and it will be great with the 73 inside this winter again, no money now so a huge tarp will go over this 18-21, next year ill tackle enclosing it right... I greased the front end today, hopefully tomorrow ill be washing and if all gos right the second waxing of the year, ill put it back under the roof until we go somewhere with the car cover on to keep the dust off, dirt roads is a pain with keeping cars clean but we love the country side of living...

005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg009.jpg013.jpg015.jpg014.jpg016.jpg
011.jpg012.jpg017.jpg018.jpg019.jpg020.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

Ron on the quarter tail light area make sure the tail light housing and trunk all line up nice before final weld. On my quarters this area needed the most work.

Auto Transport Service
Back