• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Polara Boise

Barsby340

Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys. Trying to be an active member on here. So I figured I would start a build thread on my Polara. As stated in my profile this has always been a dream of mine. So I’ll try to document as I go through the build. I got the car a couple weeks ago, I have a trans (freebie) and now I found a 40k 440 take out I’m going through. I’ll try really hard to remember to do this

E4BE8A74-9C59-4935-93A5-ED3078BBB3D3.jpeg 940DBB52-1B93-4221-B1F2-915F98B3FBD1.jpeg AC5FE384-4101-4125-AFCC-F9B623BFF57C.jpeg 3BD412A4-8209-411F-9F09-5215D1926E21.jpeg 4DCC5D18-A8B7-4BE3-BC34-C1E5A665E24C.jpeg

Welcome .we always look forward to a build . Please include lot's of pictures . Don't type real fast as most of us are slow readers ...ok?

Hello from Nampa!

Looks like a fun build! If you ever need local help (I dont have too much experience) drop a DM.

CS

Hello from Nampa!

Looks like a fun build! If you ever need local help (I dont have too much experience) drop a DM.

CS
Do you have any pictures of your car? Id love to see what you have. And hell we are always down for extra people top meet up with and talk car stuff. Most of my friends are from the dark side (GM) but we all have mutual respect for bad *** cars

Do you have any pictures of your car? Id love to see what you have. And hell we are always down for extra people top meet up with and talk car stuff. Most of my friends are from the dark side (GM) but we all have mutual respect for bad *** cars
I sure do! I got a 62 4dr Dart and a 70 RR. However, both of those are on hold for restoration right now. And not to go too far to the dark side... I will be starting a frame off resto on a 68 GMC 3/4 ton here anytime.

Here are my cars, both unrestored. The 62 is stripped and with a metal guy right now. The RR is just sitting waiting for time and resources...

Dart.JPG IMG_0043.JPG

I sure do! I got a 62 4dr Dart and a 70 RR. However, both of those are on hold for restoration right now. And not to go too far to the dark side... I will be starting a frame off resto on a 68 GMC 3/4 ton here anytime.

Here are my cars, both unrestored. The 62 is stripped and with a metal guy right now. The RR is just sitting waiting for time and resources...

View attachment 1179698 View attachment 1179699
Good stuff thanks for the pics. I have a 57 Ford in shop currently so I understand

newwelcome.jpg

Get 'er done! Looking forward to progress reports! :thumbsup:

We’ll I got a set of dome lights (mine were missing) I got a front bench seat (mine had the wrong buckets) amd I have found several pieces of chrome from different members. I got a ip circuit board from premium dash decals and I have a scoop coming from Larry at Sledcity fiberglass on the way. Things are moving fast. I hope to drop the engine off at the machine shop in the next couple weeks
I’ll post more pictures as cool stuff happens. Everyone one here has been great and very helpful!

New project grate. Gather up all the stuff you can and keep the pic's coming. Those 3 am on the computer looking for part's is the most trying of all. Will be looking forward to seeing more. Blue. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back