• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Tetanus

Got a measured 10 MPG tody. I'm suprised.

Got new shoes for the old girl. 225/70/15 and 275/60/15 Cooper Cobras. The fronts barely rub only at full lock. Also got to check out the front disc conversion the PO did. Suppose to be off a 70 Challenger. Not sure. I did letters out for some flash.

29B5BFEA-98A5-4B2E-8E6D-A85CB5A0E06F.jpeg E62B7C3F-EBD1-4137-9A06-43AE1E2A3E39.jpeg

Got my new headlight trim rings on. New reman’s he has 1 set left.
Also ordered a whole new front end rebuild kit. Time for the Wobblies to go away.
93978D64-E162-4100-9AB5-60D5B30F8CFF.jpeg

Those look like '73 up brakes - better IMO. Easier to get parts for, they used that style up into the mid eighties.

Those look like '73 up brakes - better IMO. Easier to get parts for, they used that style up into the mid eighties.
Thanks. I got no info from the PO he couldn’t remember much of anything.

Hope you are not getting smoked out down there. Were you able to find a garage to use for the work on your car?

It’s in a shop right now for the front end suspension. Then installing the seat belts. Then comes the motor work. That I don’t have a shop for yet.

Sloppy driving keeps you from multi tasking on the phone etc.:lol:

Found a forum member to do the engine work on the car as well as the tuning. Yay. So I bought a set of CalTracs to keep the split leafs from wrapping up like rubber bands. Progress.

Caltrac’s and seat belts are on. Cam goes in this Thursday. Same thing as a 509 cam.

Slight detour on the cam install. Bought a set of the CNC ported 440 Source heads with the up graded springs, keepers, and retainers. In stock will ship this week.

Motor work is done. Ended up with a Isky 292 Mega cam, 440 source CNC heads, Dougs D452 headers, new 2.5 inch exhaust with Magnaflows, and a full MSD ignition. It runs sweet now.

tempImage1F3XWl.png

tempImagezfdz9H.png

Been down and out. Had pneumonia in both lungs. Anyway. It’s back in the shop. New fuel tank, sending unit, billet fuel filter, and a pull apart and clean the carb. Tank dumped a load of rust and the carb flooded. also went up 3 sizes on the rear jets. Should clear the slight rattle over 5k. Over all I’m having a blast. I think the next endeavor is the wiring. Now that I think I can still do.

Been down and out. Had pneumonia in both lungs. Anyway. It’s back in the shop. New fuel tank, sending unit, billet fuel filter, and a pull apart and clean the carb. Tank dumped a load of rust and the carb flooded. also went up 3 sizes on the rear jets. Should clear the slight rattle over 5k. Over all I’m having a blast. I think the next endeavor is the wiring. Now that I think I can still do.
Glad to hear you're feeling better. Getting out and doing things you enjoy will only make you feel better.

back again. Still have pneumonia in both lungs. 10 weeks on lock down. The cars a stinking beast. 36 degrees total no ping. first gear is useless if you open the secondaries under 30to 40 mph. Cam and heads fixed my detonation problem. Went from 88ccs to 80ccs. 9.5 to 10.2. 270 comp. Cam to an Isky 292 mega and no posi. Overall I’m happy with my changes. Electrical is next then window trim after that is rust. Then it sets some bars.

Last edited:
Got moved to North Carolina finally. Found a guy to work on my car. Installing a later year rear end with flanged axles and we hope the posi is in good shape. New heater/defroster is needed. It was 20 here. Installing rubbers and doing some rust repairs on the A pillar. Supposed to be a 323. Old one is 293. Not a big change but I drive 60 miles to some Dr visits and this is gonna be my daily. Oh yeah. I went from a car port to a 1600sqft garage. I’m in hog Heaven. Along with a metal two car shed where I actually park it. So much more value here than Cali was.

Auto Transport Service
Back