• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Promax (business must be good)

Bill Monk

Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
So....I was going to bite the bullitt and buy the throttle bases from promax. I sent e-mails, made phone calls and left messages telling them what I wanted and I have got no response whatsoever. I finally gave up and decided to put the other bases back on the outboard carbs which sucks because I've tuned these things before and it's a royal pain when you have to take the carbs back off to adjust them. Anybody else have a hard time getting these guys to return a call or was it just me? I guess business must be good enough that they don't need mine

Never dealt with them but if they can't get back to you within a couple business days take your money elsewhere.

They're probably selling 90% online these days and forgot they even have a phone.

They're probably selling 90% online these days and forgot they even have a phone.
Thats the thing, they don't provide an option to purchase on line. Just contact info and they won't return a call or respond to e-mail

I bought some last year, with out issue. Very happy with the product. I did only buy one for the rear.
IMG_20160605_120402.jpg

I bought a set of needles with hex drive and a flexible tool from someone on this site a few years back and they work great, original base plates and don't have to remove to adjust.
I'll try find his name maybe he's still making them.

I bought from them last year (over the phone), I had no problems. They asked what they were going on, the rear plate came "adjusted, ready to run" I checked with a vacuum gauge once I had the carbs running, it was dead on

Alright, I just got a call back from Promax and he informed me they were having phone problems. If that's the case then I have to recant my rant about them not returning a call. Keep it real!

Bill I covered the conversion on page 24 of my build thread, 69 GTX in members projects & restorations.

Anyone know their site address?

This is a bullshit business model and it pissed me off.
Two years back I wanted to buy a set of custom made stripes for the wife's 2015 Challenger. One vendor suggested by members on the ChallengerTalk.com forum was one of those types: All impersonal though email. **** that. I want to SPEAK to someone, especially when I want something that is not an off-the-shelf deal.

Rumble Fish, it's a Quick fuel metering block. I bought it for the extra circuits for tuning. I have a OD for my car and thought it would help fine tune some more at lower rpms, in the 2-3K range. It worked fine on the dyno but I don't have it on the road yet.

Thanks 69GTX

Kerndog, couldn't agree more. I went to Pro Max and spoke with them on the phone. Very nice & helpful. I'd do biz with them again.

I have dealt with Promax, over the phone for years
http://www.promaxcarbs.com/
good products, good knowledgeable/helpful people too

I have used their outboard adj. metering plates on several 6bbls
used their A/N lines & metering blocks, various Holley carb stuff
even their restoration services stuff, from time to time too...
They do a lot more than just carb stuff there too...
I never ever had any issues, getting ahold of them
or let alone any parts or help issues...
{I haven't dealt with them in a few years now thou}

I think he/they was/were "probably" just telling the truth,
he had issues with his phones, no big deal, that happens all the time here...
**** happens !!

Yes it's a bit strange they don't have online shopping options,
especially in todays age, it's sort of a small outfit old-school
{it was anyway}, for todays instant gratification/impatience mentality...

Hell I remember the days of mail order stuff, talk about hurry up & wait :BangHead:

no big deal, I can pick up a #1 phone or #2 e-mail,
{maybe an expense/hassles (?) they don't want} of them 2 choices
I'd just phone them, e-mail is way to impersonal & not very secure either...

My $0.25 cents worth

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back