• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proof nobody pays much attention to avatar pics around here...

Bless ya my friend.
Hey y'all keeping score at home. For the record:
- @1967coronet was the only one to notice I was missing on this forum, at least enough to post about it
- @Tinker67 was the only one to write anything indicating concern for my well being over the avatar itself
I am humbled, indebted and grateful to both for their concern. :thumbsup:
"Watch this space" That's perfect.

3C4A6885-33B1-4270-8EC4-0B6D8B4B56E7.jpeg

We're on the edge of our seats now after "Watch this Space" Ed.:lol:
Keep up what you're doing Ed, it's folk like you that makes this site worthwhile.

Edit - this Bob?
smiling.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone can go missing for a period. When my day comes, it will be stated on this forum that people come and people go, that's how it works. I've been a pallbearer 18 times in my life and one day, if they can find one, just one for a cremated lost soul, it will be my turn. That's how the deal was struck for all of us when we came into this world, none of us will make it out alive............ Such is life.
You go if you want....
I'm fluckin' STAYIN'! :thumbsup:

Brings up a somber note for me, though - there's likely to be no more pall-bearin' for me in my time.
They're all gone now, friends and family alike (short of distant - and infinitely more healthy - brother and sister,
who are doubtful to attend my own wake).
Warped sense of humor that He has, he has managed to keep the most likely to die one around the longest.
Oh, the irony!
More like, he's keeping the peace where he is by keeping me here....

A little late to the party, without saying. We all love you Ed and wish you nothing but the best. Your friend Mike.
Aww thanks Chuck, errrr, Mike. :)
Ain't about that, really. Just making random observations of the human condition....
and avatarsssss!!! :lol:

I look at avatar's to identify peoples post not for messages. Someone changing avatar I may not look at the post if title doesn't look interesting. Keep up your good work to make me more observant.
I wonder what the record is for "most rejected avatar pics" here on FBBO??
I gotta be in the running for that one....:rolleyes:
Seriously though - my wiring is such that I do notice when someone here I respect changes something like
their avatar.
I'd notice if you did for example...but that's 'cause I'm weird.

We're on the edge of our seats now after "Watch this Space" Ed.:lol:
Keep up what you're doing Ed, it's folk like you that makes this site worthwhile.

Edit - this Bob?
LOL right back at ya sir, thanks.
bob.jpg
There's no prob....with Bob!

Remind me to show KK how to resize stuff before posting....

Well now you did it Ed!!

You’re the catalyst for changing my avatar.

They are really just random photos on my phone, 8000 pictures of whatever! Some personal, some stupid memes.

The Dodge lettering was from a car show but now my avatar is really personal. More American Graffiti follows the young “kids” in the prime of their lives from American Graffiti into adulthood.

Stories I heard said the movie studio had a fire that destroyed some of the film so what is shown is the salvage leftover footage. True or not the story jumps around between the lives of the youts experiencing the turmoil of the ‘60’s. All of the Stars living a different life than the others and on different paths.

That movie and a personal friendship lead to my story of the 40 year reunion of the Rettig Brothers ‘63 Belvedere and ‘64 racecar hauler that’s here on this site.

Rettig Brothers ‘63 Belvedere and ‘64 Dodge Car Hauler reunion

So maybe, Ed, you are starting a trend of avatar revolution. I say let’s be like Ed and “come on gang” let’s change our avatars weekly or bi-weekly or Monthly.

Nah, that’s insane but I’m with y’all, haywire

I like pictures and as a helpful economic hint, Walgreens now has its lowest price for reprints, $.15, that’s a super deal. I’m getting pictures off my phone and did 150 for like $22.50.

Future Avatars

38FD68A7-62E2-47F8-9112-45DBC6A878CE.jpeg

CFD12820-336E-45A2-B42A-AA7CD36261C4.jpeg

17FF21E3-7045-43D3-B8F3-FFFFC31BC1EF.jpeg

94EBAAC0-32D6-46E2-9E54-1A1B78D44813.jpeg

9A9E4D5D-637B-4559-9DB3-331A0F021631.png

1A437946-C40A-4807-ACD4-78E796E07A89.jpeg

307D85AF-D845-41ED-9E3E-73CC23867D5E.png

26E1CBD9-A9C4-42C4-87F9-04FB75E7910B.jpeg

C6808924-0B71-41A3-A374-D2C995C5298F.jpeg
B624A10D-EC34-49BA-9A5E-4A0F1846DD48.jpeg

Last edited:
Hiya @haywire 440 , glad you jumped in here - and BOY, did you "contribute" as always! :thumbsup:
Tossed a bone on that Bettig Bros. thread for something I found on YT...

Watch this space ! Lol, I am watching Ed !
Heh thanks my friend. Figured the place could use a little razzing, it being close to spring and all...
It got up to a whopping 49 today and it felt like a freaking heat wave around here!

Auto Transport Service
Back