• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proof nobody pays much attention to avatar pics around here...

Funny how this thread turned into a food thread lol

Like all our other threads

1hvyzl.jpg

About to have beef fajitas and might just add some mayo along with the hot stuff!! :D
I've been trying to convince my wife that mayo is nature's perfect food for decades now.
I mean hell, it's got ALL the foods in it, right?
She finds the stuff repulsive - but she is a Yankee, so....

My vote is for Miracle Whip.

Wait, no it's sauerkraut AND ketchup.

Is this the new meme thread?
Screenshot_20210516-203744_Chrome.jpg

Is this about Ed's avatar?
Screenshot_20191225-151425_Google.jpg

I'm so confused, and actually a little paranoid the meme police are after me.
Ed, can I hideout in your thread for a while til things calm down?
fddc576cd754c1e582448c46f611d302f3a829719cb95eead18bedc415b4dd11.jpg

I got tickled at the doc's yesterday (follow up visit), where they were mulling over blood test results.
Doc knows me a long time now, so he just sort of looks up from the report and says "this is a mess -
as usual". :lol:
He actually finds my medical history fascinating, like a lab rat to be studied - because he can't figure
out how I keep getting back up, since the numbers don't support it I guess.
He also knows nothing is going to change at this point from me - this is it.
I'm riding it out with what I got left - and it tickles me to see the puzzled looks on their faces. :)

I've been trying to convince my wife that mayo is nature's perfect food for decades now.
I mean hell, it's got ALL the foods in it, right?
She finds the stuff repulsive - but she is a Yankee, so....
I used to be a Yankee.....all that stopped in 63 :D

This one had been mine for the last month or so:
View attachment 1433281
Pretty stark comment, eh? Thought-provoking....or so I thought, anyways.
Know how many folks have mentioned it even in passing though?
Exactly one...
Same number that had noticed I was absent a couple weeks recently with all
that hospital-provoking crap, come to think of it.

Life keeps ya humble. Especially the likes of me...:)
Hi,
I have been absent from the forums for the past 4 weeks and saw you post today. I had to sit here and think about what you stated.
It happened to me 5 times in my life 2 times it was girls in high school that I put on a pedestal and not until one of my close friends told me what they both thought of me did I realize I was wrong.. The other 3 times it was business associates that I bent over bacwards for but I found out later that all 3 of them did not care for me at all. As you say in the words you posted....I meant nothing to them and it was hard to accept it. At 79 years of age I honestly don't have a lot of friends but have been very succesful in my businesses and perhaps those 5 people that I mentioned were the cause,I am not sure but I find myself being very protective as to how I am with others.

EE9A1C70-F733-4391-9E54-D4812FB76860.png

America the beautiful, from sea to shining sea.

2A283E2F-F619-460B-B5CB-3E28F1D5C64A.jpeg

They are seeing for the first time and thankfully not the last.

Last edited:
I am not sure but I find myself being very protective as to how I am with others.
Greetings sir and thanks for posting. I appreciate that. :)
Yes, the natural reaction would be to have a guarded, self-protective sort of demeanor.
That's logical - we are hard-wired to be that way, really - and I was for quite some time in my own life.

You know what changed that for me, though?
Going to sound overly-dramatic....but dying a few times had a bit of an effect on my outlook.
Not even kidding - and keep in mind, there may have been some physiological changes inside this carcass
with all the medical events, I'll acknowledge - but coming out the other side of dodging death more than
once has rendered me more determined than ever to enjoy other folks whenever possible.

Yes, that sometimes leads to some surly bastahd saying or doing something hateful towards me; some folks
are grumpy as hell by nature, after all.
The old me would have taken such to heart...
Not so much now, though. If someone else wants to be miserable, that's their problem - and if I can do
something to help (and they're receptive, of course), hey I'm all about that.
BUT...
To the relatively tiny number of people still alive that I actually give a damn about their opinions, yeah -
those still hurt when they're negative towards me.
The "I don't give a fluck" is harder to summon when it's concerning someone we care/think a lot of...
and that's perfectly natural too, I suppose.

I am looking at your new Avatar, Ed. I don't think you noticed mine, however.

Auto Transport Service
Back