• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulled the Trigger

Wow.

Whats the colour on the Hemi? Not Hemi orange yeah? Love it, I know anything but turquoise in my 68 would be 'wrong' but that reddy-orange is beautiful!

Wow.

Whats the colour on the Hemi? Not Hemi orange yeah? Love it, I know anything but turquoise in my 68 would be 'wrong' but that reddy-orange is beautiful!

My research has found the omly correct color came from Chrysler. Today only Totally Auto produces the correct paint for the 67 Hemi and that is what was used. The color acutually varied for 67,68,69,70, and 71 street Hemis.

sky, this car is something ......it is a peice of history....
it looks so nice it should be in a museum of auto science & industry.
...it is that important!

But I know I would drive it...:argue:and save it

Sonny

sky, this car is something ......it is a peice of history....
it looks so nice it should be in a museum of auto science & industry.
...it is that important!

But I know I would drive it...:argue:and save it

Sonny

It has already been suggested that I take off and bag the original wheels and hubcaps with the bias ply redlines and put them on the shelf, and replace them with Magnum 500 wheels mounted with redline radials. I was already thinkg that.

If you research the engine color, you will find the color used on the street Hemi is a reddish orange and should not be confused with the orange color used on max wedges and race Hemis. They are different.

It has already been suggested that I take off and bag the original wheels and hubcaps with the bias ply redlines and put them on the shelf, and replace them with Magnum 500 wheels mounted with redline radials. I was already thinkg that.

If you research the engine color, you will find the color used on the street Hemi is a reddish orange and should not be confused with the orange color used on max wedges and race Hemis. They are different.

No. You should smoke them down in a blaze of glory.

I just spoke with Total Auto, right here in suburban Philly. They are the only ones that sell the exact color Mopar paint for all engines. They confirmed max wedges and race Hemis are that true orange. 1966-1967 street Hemis are reddish orange incolor, and believe it or not 68.69.70. and 71 Hemis could all be different shades.

Thats a beautiful car. Being the owner of a few really nice cars (non mopar) I just couldnt bring myself to drive that car often enough..........which is why I sold on of and am selling another one of my two really nice cars.

Now my 66 charger, that is being built to DRIVE!! Yea! Finally!

Enjoy and I m super happy for you that you arent gonna be afraid to drive the wheels off of it!

Your dodge had to be a work of art!! PICS PICS PICS! LOL

Dan

Heres the Dodge Polara 500 Max Wedge

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 274
Thanks Skyman! Don't think I'll be able to get paint in from the states, but I can at least keep an eye out or get some thing mixed up if need be.

Thanks Skyman! Don't think I'll be able to get paint in from the states, but I can at least keep an eye out or get some thing mixed up if need be.

I had no idea. The paint for this GTX came from Total Auto and both RK Motors and Total Auto assured me that this reddish orange color was only on 66 and 67 street Hemis and some very early 68's. The owner of Total Auto is a Mopar Master Judge and he is the one that supplied the information. It was added that Chrysler did some off the wall color shades for no rhyme or reason. The part numbers for the early orange Hemi color and the 67 Hemi reddidh orange color are different.

Well it's an absolutely georgeous car. I am glad you were able to get it. Just remember the least you can do is post pics of you behind the wheel. lol That way at least us little folk can see what we'll never be able to have. LOL

BEAUTIFUL CAR! I bought my 69 Roadrunner from RK Motors in 2010 when they were known as Best In Show Auto in Ohio, before moving to North Carolinia. Good people to deal with.

Attachments

• rk roadrunner.jpg
    rk roadrunner.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 236
BEAUTIFUL CAR! I bought my 69 Roadrunner from RK Motors in 2010 when they were known as Best In Show Auto in Ohio, before moving to North Carolinia. Good people to deal with.

Great people to deal with. This GTX is the third car I have bought form Joe,70 Chevelle LS6 from Best of Show and the 63 Dodge max wedge and now thw 67 Hemi GTX from RK Motors. Unfortunately I can't afford all three at once.

Thats a beautiful car. Being the owner of a few really nice cars (non mopar) I just couldnt bring myself to drive that car often enough..........which is why I sold on of and am selling another one of my two really nice cars.

Now my 66 charger, that is being built to DRIVE!! Yea! Finally!

Enjoy and I m super happy for you that you arent gonna be afraid to drive the wheels off of it!

Your dodge had to be a work of art!! PICS PICS PICS! LOL

Dan

Dan
I have always been like you. TOO nice to drive. Well life is short and we all end up dealing with something the older we get. I don't even drive anymore. Now I am down to just two cars, this one and a very high level driver(1967 427 Corvette convertible) My wife loves the Corvette and said if I even think about selling that, I can sleep in the new one. She drives it all over, and the GTX will get driven but sparingly.

Amike95, do you have anymore pics of your car you could share from in 'real life' settings?

I have a pic of your car (or one just like it!) that has made me seriously consider that ralley green colour, but I'm not convinced I'd love it in the 'real world' as much as I do in the beautifully shot pictures. Any help would be great!

Hey out of curiosity (educate me): What does it mean in the add when it says "The drivetrain consists of the 373 hemi engine..."? Clearly the car is a 426 hemi.

Is that hemi lingo? what's a 373?

Hey skyman51-Did you check the car out in person?Wife and I went to see a 68 red convertible GTx at Rk in april looked good on the web but when we inspected the car it was a disapointment Good luck looks good.

Hey skyman51-Did you check the car out in person?Wife and I went to see a 68 red convertible GTx at Rk in april looked good on the web but when we inspected the car it was a disapointment Good luck looks good.[/QUOTE

Sorry you had a less than perfect experience. This is the third car I have bought from Joe Carroll and they all have been awesome. This GTX and the 63 max wedge were bought sight unseen and were perfect. Both show winners and completely documented. What was the problem with the car you looked at? Hemi or 440? Price?

440 GTX ragtop red black interior nice on topside but once we got it on the lift torque boxes rusted out, floor had been patched but holes were showing had a list of 27 items which he agreed to fix price was not an issue with me just thought those items should have been taken care of before showing the car to a potential customer.

Auto Transport Service
Back