• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulling the windshield on my 72 Charger

Lars

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
How is the best way to go about this? I've never messed with this type before (the glass is sorta "glued" in). I don't want to damage it as the glass is good, but I need to strip the surface rust off of the channel.

Thanks

Hey Lars, Go get yourself some piano wire and shove one end through the glue and with a good 2 feet or so on inside and out wrap each end around a wooden block securely and work your way around the perimiter sawing through the glue. That should do it. A friend helps.
Good luck

I've been restoring muscle cars for quite a while and i use these tools. The one on the left works pretty good and they are only about $20.00

cold knife.jpg

longknives2.jpg

I've been restoring muscle cars for quite a while and i use these tools. The one on the left works pretty good and they are only about $20.00
The 2nd tool in the picture works real good when working buy yourself.
Its real easy to break the windshield with the 1st one. One thing for sure you want the glue to be warm when you cut it. When its cold its like trying to cut rock. GOOD LUCK!

Auto Transport Service
Back