• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting an addition on the ol' dome home.

Been a while since I've updated. Siding is 99.9% done, HVAC is finished, electrical rough is 80% and plumbing is starting up. Retaining walls are done but with the snow I don't have any good photos.

image.jpg

Here's a cool panoramic of the master suite. Drywall is finished and primed and we are ready to build out the bathroom, paint and flooring!

image.jpg

Looks great and it came out just like the plans.

Neat house - something different for sure! Now all you need is a asphalt driveway so you don't need to get your shined up Mopar dirty getting out of the driveway!!! :grin:

Really nice HT, I love unique homes and yours is truly unique! Looking good......... That sweet is awesome

Thanks fellas!! We are super excited to get this baby livable - hopefully in the coming weeks (not months!!) The construction process, as many of you guys know, is not for the faint of heart lol. Thankfully we are definitely not faint of heart, so we all handled it nicely.

Thanks for the update HT413 . . . the house is looking incredible ! ! !

Well, carpet is in, bathroom is 95%, garage door is on, electrical is finished and functional... and the best part is the car has a HOME. I'll take some pictures this evening, pretty stoked!

Well I guess it's been a while, but heck, if it's anyone's fault, it's this dang addition. Well, except for a couple of minor punch list items, WE. ARE. DONE!!

Snuck a couple of extra pics in there - one is my soon to be finished basement and the other is my family and I enjoying Pop Pop's pool this summer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 321
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Heres a little more progress on the basement. This pic is taken from where the old garage door was. Now the old garage has been combined with the rest of the basement into one great room. Now I have to finish the patch work, stair railing and then build the countertop

image.jpg

Looks like a lot of progress. Almost there, eh?

Yeah I've been busting my hump since this winter; the basement was the last to come together, basically just in the past few weeks. I plan to keep the pedal to the metal - we have our annual Halloween party coming up and I want everything looking spiffy.

Super excited to be using all of our new space. The house used to be somewhere around 1200 or 1300 sf, but with the 500sf master suite, 500sf garage and now being able to transform the 800sf or so basement, we feel like we've tripled the size of our house. We will really appreciate it as our 3 kids grow.

I grew up in a 1000 sq ft house with Mom, Dad, and 4 siblings. Don't ask me how.

Lol I hear ya on that. Me and my 2 brothers shared the same 10x12 bedroom until college. We are still best friends and I attribute that in part to that because first, we were in such close proximity for such a long time that we settled the score decades ago, so there is nothing left to fight about. Second, we learned the true meaning of respect (and fear lol) because we always knew at some point in the night we had to fall asleep with the enemy in arms reach.

Yeah I've been busting my hump since this winter; the basement was the last to come together, basically just in the past few weeks. I plan to keep the pedal to the metal - we have our annual Halloween party coming up and I want everything looking spiffy.

Super excited to be using all of our new space. The house used to be somewhere around 1200 or 1300 sf, but with the 500sf master suite, 500sf garage and now being able to transform the 800sf or so basement, we feel like we've tripled the size of our house. We will really appreciate it as our 3 kids grow.
What!? No pics of the new place? Started working with my dad building houses at 14 and have helped several friends and my sister build houses for themselves but never did one for me but did build a 1500 sq ft shop for myself. It was the last construction project dad and I did together. Was thinking about it not too long ago what his age was back in 84 and that was 63. I'm 64 now and gotta hand it to him because he was in pretty good shape to do all what he did. I know there's no way I'd want to build this thing again at this point in time! He and I did the complete frame in just a bit over 2 days and that included building the roof trusses for a 28 foot span in place and in the middle of August! That kind of heat just murders me now....

Here ya go, cranky, finally got around to takjng some pics of the master suite (just waiting for it to be clean enough for a photo shoot lol). Also, just finishing up the basement so I included some progress pics. Just have to choose the flooring and install it and we are basically done (for now).

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back