• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting an addition on the ol' dome home.

HT413

Semi Pro Bowler
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
Well, after going round and round for the past 2 years with the town, the architect and the wife... we've finally broken ground. Making some big changes... converting the basement into the main floor, the existing garage into a family room, plus adding a master suite and nice 16x32 shop.

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Go bigger on the shop is all I got to say!

Nice! I love designing homes, porches, garages, etc. Looks like an interesting home, good luck and congrats.

Love the design there HT . . . I like the unique style that the house has it is not your every day look . . . Congratulations on the upgrades and the shop ( you sure you don't want to go bigger ? )

I will look forward to seeing some pictures of the progress - thanks for sharing ! !

Love the design there HT . . . I like the unique style that the house has it is not your every day look . . . Congratulations on the upgrades and the shop ( you sure you don't want to go bigger ? )

I will look forward to seeing some pictures of the progress - thanks for sharing ! !

Thanks everyone, the uniqueness of the house is what it's all about for us. The previous owners kids (we bought it from an estate sale) were going to knock it down. We feel like we saved a gem in much the same way we all here save tired old mopars.

I hear ya on the bigger shop. Unfortunately, we are up against the property setback so that's as wide as I can go. Really all I wanted was the fore and aft room to pull a motor and maybe have a small man cave without pulling the car out. The master suite up above was what got my wife to approve lol.

And it's an extremely energy efficient house, costing about $3 per day to heat with our pellet stove in the coldest months of our New Jersey winter. The addition will allow solar panels to be fitted, in addition to our super efficient house layout and high efficient HVAC, we hope to have a close to a zero net cost energy bill in the near future. Woot woot.

sweeeet! cool house for sure!!

could always put Normie for your avatar too lol

norm-abrams.gif

Looks great, the pentistar lite is staying put right?

Thanks everyone, the uniqueness of the house is what it's all about for us. The previous owners kids (we bought it from an estate sale) were going to knock it down. We feel like we saved a gem in much the same way we all here save tired old mopars.

I hear ya on the bigger shop. Unfortunately, we are up against the property setback so that's as wide as I can go. Really all I wanted was the fore and aft room to pull a motor and maybe have a small man cave without pulling the car out. The master suite up above was what got my wife to approve lol.

And it's an extremely energy efficient house, costing about $3 per day to heat with our pellet stove in the coldest months of our New Jersey winter. The addition will allow solar panels to be fitted, in addition to our super efficient house layout and high efficient HVAC, we hope to have a close to a zero net cost energy bill in the near future. Woot woot.

I'll have to try that on my wife haha. I've been trying to get her to approve another garage.

I just saw this. Pretty cool. Shopadome.

There was the same design building in King of Prussia, PA at the end of Allendale Road. I think this was a business though, and not a home. I recall seeing a few others over the years too. Was yours built mid to late 60s?

A very unique structure, and now a nice addition! Congrats - that is exciting - I know I was stoked when I had my third garage built. I thought I would have TONS of space, but it seems we fill whatever size space we have. This means I should build another garage for another Mopar!!! :grin:

Cool looking house design, plus the great addition, and energy efficient ! ! I'm jealous - I'd like to add some upgrades on my house and make it more energy efficient too.

I'll be really anxious to see the work on this project proceed HT - please keep the updates coming ? ? ( smile )

Every time I seen a deck, I think about enclosing it.
At least a roof and a screened in for all weather dining in the summer.

Auto Transport Service
Back