• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting an addition on the ol' dome home.

Looks awesome HT! Congrats on the addition, should more then make up for the inconvenience of having the whole construction related messes and all.

Looks great! I am sure the kids love it too - the basement with all the man-toys might become their favorite place!

Long time since an update but I thought I'd share a few things I did in the garage / man cave.

Can't remember if I posted a pic of the workbench. I sized it to stow my table saw under it plus I built this nifty cart to hide my plumbing / electrical / paint / drywall tools. The cart stows under the bench and rolls out for access. Works out pretty good and keeps my kids fingers out of it all.

Oh and I finally got around to hanging my old bumper out of my 69 belvedere. I hung it on the oem brackets which were fixed to a 2x4 and bolted to the wall. Makes a nice mantle piece. I also made a nice little shelf out of cabinet grade plywood, completing the transformation from bumper to mantle.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And here's another little addition - an old snap-on tool chest from the early 80's. Kinda rough, but functions perfectly and got a nice deal on it.

image.jpeg

Just finished up some landscaping. Made some raised beds out of scrap tires and planted some veggies plus I added a semi-hidden auto-irrigation system.

I hand poured all I those paver stones (what a pita!). Each one has impressions of the kids' hands as well as mine and my wife's plus some other cool stuff (leaves, twigs, our doggie's paw prints, little 'gems' etc).

image.jpeg

I like the pavers great idea, get all the family involved too

Wow . . . am I jealous . . . the house looks incredible ( and the kids look like they're feeling right at home too )

The place looks great - you enjoy it now ! ! ! You deserve it . . .

Cool idea on the pavers !!!

Thanks, NJ. Seemed like a good idea ... but boy what a pita! Had to be near 1000lbs of concrete went into those plus I individually cut the forms from cardboard sono-tube. Took FOREVER.

Well guys, I will soon have another nice update for ya... our good friend Bobtile is installing some tile throughout the first floor. Stay tuned!!!

cool! when i get a little older anfd more wore out, i will have to change from wood stove to pellet/corn..... Mo makes lots of wood pellets too!

cool! when i get a little older anfd more wore out, i will have to change from wood stove to pellet/corn..... Mo makes lots of wood pellets too!

Barbee, I *highly* recommend a pellet stove. Turn it on and forget it, runs for a couple of days without having to touch it except for loading pellets 1-2 x per day. Plus it heats the house for a couple of bucks a day. Downfalls are some noise from the blower and the flame sometimes resembles a blowtorch more than a fireplace lol.

Wow . . . am I jealous . . . the house looks incredible ( and the kids look like they're feeling right at home too )

The place looks great - you enjoy it now ! ! ! You deserve it . . .

Thanks, yeah the kids love the extra space for sure. On a really hot day we usually play in the basement. Tons of room for their little bodies. Probably feels like a baseball stadium to them!

Wow, that looks awesome HT! Your house is one of a kind and it looks like it sits on a nice piece of property too. Enjoy

Looking good!
I'm thinking about building me a place out in the country...

View attachment 355634

ha! yes! I have a lifelong f riend that has a ton of cars and parts. he NEVER sells anything. we have traded a couple of times though. he sold his place 10 yrs ago and built a pole building that is like 60 x 200! maybe bigger? in one end he built his home. he wanted to later build a log home but his wife liked this idea. ( good woman!) HA.....

Ok fellas, big news! First, here's what the 1st floor "used to" look like...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back