• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting Some Torque Numbers On A Stick Shift Launch...

GRANT!! I have been a HUGE fan, cheerleader, proponent of your Clutch Tamer and HitMaster products, and I have the HitMaster installed in my 440 6bbl 70 Roadrunner, although in over a year since it's been installed I'm disappointed to say I haven't had the time to go to the race track. I haven't even turned it on yet much less made any adjustments or attempts to use it...
If you do a search under my name and HitMaster, you'll see what I mean.
WELCOME to the BEST B-Body forum!
:lowdown::lowdown:
:welcome:
:thumbsup:
EDIT: I see you have been around for a while and that we have participated in the same threads. Well, that is how much I like the concepts.:)

Last edited:
I prepped for the HitMaster and generally heavy duty use of my clutch by getting the McLeod RXT dual disc clutch system. McLeod recommended it to hold up to the HitMaster, and a 572 stroker I'm slowly putting together. I went with an American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing setup as well.

Last edited:
I'm in too.
I installed a clutch tamer last fall, but haven't be to the track yet either.

Interesting link, thanks for sharing

Very well done article! I learned a lot from it. Thanks much.

I was talking to a guy over in Germany that runs one on his high 10 sec roadrunner. Seems to work well for him. He also runs a faceplated hemi box, said the syncro’d trans just didn’t cut it at that ET, which is kind of my conclusion as well.

C7445FB7-B4B8-44B3-81B1-534442F92E3B.jpeg

I'm still reading the article. Well done sir!
I'm concerned about the ability of my "conservatively rated at 700 continuous ft lbs torque" Passon 855 to handle the torque that it may see from the 542 I am having built. I have 700 ft lbs torque over as wide a RPM range as reasonable as the power goal, but I never took into account the additional torque the flywheel and clutch assembly would impart.
I am going to have to contact you once I actually get the time to mess with my HitMaster, whether it's on the deserted back roads around my house or at the track.
What I'm sure of is that the HitMaster was definitely a good investment, and I can't wait to see what it can do for my launch and 60 ft times, but now I see there is much more to it than just that.
Thanks Grant.

Thanks guys, pretty hard to convey all that in a phone call or e-mail!

Grant

Auto Transport Service
Back