• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter glass/frame removal?

70runner

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Need to replace quarter glass. 70RR conv though believe it's similar to hardtop. Got the front guide out OK, removed rollers. FSM says to remove regulator arm stud retainers and studs from frame. Can barely see the retainers, let alone remove them. Anyone done this...advice?

Maybe this picture will help. If you do a search, there a plenty of threads on that topic.

upload_2018-11-27_8-49-28.png

Thx for pic, but I got the FSM. My "quarter glass" search didn't turn up any removals, mostly adjustments. Looking for someone that's tackled removing the retainers in the pic above to remove the glass/frame assembly.

Hit Youtube and find Chris Birdsongs videos.. "Junkerup". He has one that is totally on the removal and installation of the rear window quarter mechanism from INSIDE the car.

Thx, saw his video. It covers removing/installing the regulator assembly after the glass/frame was removed. I'm interested in the glass/frame removal.

If they’re the circular spring clips, with four or so “spokes” they’re tough. I ended up bending them, at least two adjacent ones, and it comes off. It’s strong spring steel. You can sometimes bend them back to replace, or get new ones. Try to keep the old ones. Use a small screw driver or needle nose pliers. Not easy but it can (and has) been done.

5776A3A0-B163-460C-9057-A44523FF5F92.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back