• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter panel heartbreak

Glew

Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
Had this car for about 5 years, parked it outside under a cover for about a month and the paint/Bondo cracked off the quarter panels. I've never had any body work done to it and the previous owner said it was last painted in the 80's. Guess I'll have to scrape up some coin and get my baby fixed properly.

IMG_20190503_154409.jpg IMG_20190503_154416.jpg

Looks like bad surface prep. Hopefully that is the only spot on the car....

Thats a lot of filler in that spot. And like said above bad prep work.

I had a Roadrunner once that someone killed the hood with filler. I thought it was a goner!
Ground every bit of filler off and found the hood was perfect underneath. Epoxy primed it
and shot it. Some people put filler where filler isn't supposed to be! Try that before you get
your panties in a knot.

Had this car for about 5 years, parked it outside under a cover for about a month and the paint/Bondo cracked off the quarter panels. I've never had any body work done to it and the previous owner said it was last painted in the 80's. Guess I'll have to scrape up some coin and get my baby fixed properly.

View attachment 761224 View attachment 761225

Get it attended to soon as you can so it doesnt create bigger problems.. filler is a restorers quick fix and in most cases it never lasts.. seen it all to often.. chances are it started seperating not long after it was applied. looking at the amount shown..

I had a Roadrunner once that someone killed the hood with filler. I thought it was a goner!
Ground every bit of filler off and found the hood was perfect underneath. Epoxy primed it
and shot it. Some people put filler where filler isn't supposed to be! Try that before you get
your panties in a knot.

I agree
I have stripped down many parts that
had previous work done that should of only needed very minor mud work
that was all buried in mud.
people over use the stuff all the time.
that quarter looks like it has half a can on it..

Auto Transport Service
Back