• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Query about Seat back Trim / Inserts

SnowMonkVX

Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
Took a recent visit to a Mopar salvage yard and snagged this white seat back trim / insert. My '67 Charger appears to have had these factory or installed at some point, and it only has 1 in the Pass Rear. Any restoration experts know what these are actually called? Proper nomenclature? Are they reproduced where I might be able to get another or 3? I'm searched a few sites and with a few different names, but have come up empty.

Many Thanks for any info / replies!

PXL_20220502_183434979.jpg

PXL_20230717_030704111.jpg

PXL_20230718_010636850.jpg

PXL_20230718_010645838.jpg

I believe Redbeard called them rear seat medallions. I’m sure he will chime in on this one

Yes, seat medallions. Special order if I recall correctly like the headrests.

1689732700552.png

Interesting. I know of one other I can salvage from the yard, but it is in equally poor condition. It is also white, where I require black / blue, although that is a detail easily corrected. Unfortunate they are not reproduced, I guess its neat I have at least one to show the cars heritage.

Thank you for the replies!

Keep an eye out on FBBO. They come up for sale every now then. I looked for about six months before I found a set for my 67 500. I forget what I paid, but expect about $400 or so for a set of 4. But they really make the interior look complete

All 67 Chargers came with seat medallions. As I mentioned in a previous post Coronet R/T’s and not sure about 500’s.
I have seen 67 Chargers without seat medallions (original seats).

Then the medallions are missing.
Yes, most likely. Also hard to conclude much since there were less than 16,000 made. I do know of a case where one was special ordered and without the seat medallions. Some found them bothersome.

Yes, most likely. Also hard to conclude much since there were less than 16,000 made. I do know of a case where one was special ordered and without the seat medallions. Some found them bothersome.
Back in the day, it was said that medallions bothered women’s bra straps. Actually was written in a car magazine. They never mentioned the easy solution.

Well that's interesting . Another puzzle piece. :thumbsup:

Back in the day, it was said that medallions bothered women’s bra straps. Actually was written in a car magazine. They never mentioned the easy solution.
I read that also. When I got my 67 500 the seats had been recovered years before and the medallions not re-installed. I found a set and installed them. Having driven it with and without the medallions. I don't notice any difference. The medallions should be pulled tight into the seat backs. I don't even feel them at all.
20230507_172533.jpg
a.

I read that also. When I got my 67 500 the seats had been recovered years before and the medallions not re-installed. I found a set and installed them. Having driven it with and without the medallions. I don't notice any difference. The medallions should be pulled tight into the seat backs. I don't even feel them at all.View attachment 1496612a.

Yep, but my 500 has all the original seats (barn/garage find). My 67 Charger had all but driver's seat medallion due to be worn off and lost. Did manage to find an original replacement in great condition. Also adding original 67 headrests and making new "covers" for them.

1689785263960.jpeg

Nice, head rests are another hard thing to find

When I restored my interior pieces, I changed the seat color from the original Black to a Pearl White. I also recolored the old black seat medallions to match while I was at it.

IMGP2466.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back