• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick 'Doba

I got a kick out of it too. It reminded me of something that happened a few years ago, some kid in a Honda pulled up next to me and wanted to race (btw- I don't street race but have been known to give a short "demonstation of acceleration", that what the cop called it, that ends before the upshift to second) I laughed at him and he said "You don't understand, I've got V-tec". I laughed again and responded "No, you don't understand, I use a v-tec motor as a starter." It got even funnier when the light turned green and he stalled the car trying to show me how great he/it was.

Now that is funny

I had a little spare time today so I finally did a little trimming on the hidden part of the bumper. Believe it or not the weight of the bumper (without the shocks) is 95 pounds and only 25 pounds of that is the actual bumper. Without getting too agressive I managed to trim 27 pounds of metal from bumper. I know that 27 pounds doesn't sound like a lot on a 4100 pound car but it is almost 3-feet in front of the spindle centerline. Just to be sure the weight savings is actually making a difference I measured the ride height at a fixed point before and after and noted an almost 3/8" increase.

Only 2 more months before it's coole enough to hit the track again.

It really is amazing how much some of the bumpers weigh on our cars, ill bet mine is right up there to, the rear one anyway.. I had to put it on myself, or i could have waited but that was a job! Sounds like a fiberglass bumper just the ticket for helping on speed saving weight if racing them. Good luck on a good time and i to loved that story!

No I can not since I do not know how does. But I know someone does.I have seen it before. I'll poke around the net.

A fiberglass bumper would be cool to get more weight off the front but, I spend too much time cruising and the way people drive around here would put me in a panic every time I left the garage.

I need figure out a "quick release" for track days.

1toolguy . . . a quick release with a Cordoba bumper, lol, normally we use the front end loader to take them on and off.

300 11.12.jpg11.12ET @ 119.30mph last Sunday at Firebird Raceway.

No I can not since I do not know how does. But I know someone does.I have seen it before. I'll poke around the net.
:icon_rolleyes: I just removed the bumper liner and shocks and mounted the shell with 1/8X2" flat stock.

How much weight did you save?
Right around 48 lbs. Didn't do the rear bumper as I need the weight back there.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know if you fing anything. I'll pay you a finders fee!

Auto Transport Service
Back