• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Ratio Steering Kits

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
I was looking into tightening up the steering control on my '70 Dodge Challenger, and was wondering if anyone has used the
Hotchkiss 66-76 Mopar Quick 12:1 Ratio Pitman /Idler Steering Arm , available from Mancini Racing ? It is an easier & cheaper option to re-working the P/S box, but do you get the same result from it ? Thanks for any input on this.

I was looking into tightening up the steering control on my '70 Dodge Challenger, and was wondering if anyone has used the
Hotchkiss 66-76 Mopar Quick 12:1 Ratio Pitman /Idler Steering Arm , available from Mancini Racing ? It is an easier & cheaper option to re-working the P/S box, but do you get the same result from it ? Thanks for any input on this.
I have often wondered about these kits and if there are any side effects. I know that the higher the drag link is from the tie rod connection on the steering spindles, bump steer becomes a nagging issue. I'm curious what happens when you change the factory's lateral alignment of the drag link to the spindle connection of the outer tie rod ends. Perhaps some one could clear up this subject and supply the necessary info. Not that I'm knocking the idea, it just seems that some changes have unexpected "side" issues. Wouldn't it really be a better idea to purchase a new steering box with a tighter ratio engineered into it rather than stressing a fifty year old box with a longer arm?

Auto Transport Service
Back