• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quincy Model 219-39 Air Compressor

if you get the caps off...... it says #13 gets torqued to 60 ft lbs ....... I made a tool for mine

20210623_184234-jpg.jpg

I don't disagree that his symptoms may point to the motor, but that old girl could probably use a little going over

I don't disagree that his symptoms may point to the motor, but that old girl could probably use a little going over

I agree 100%, 90+ percent of compressor problems are the valves so a little maintenance there whether it's the problem or not is time/money well spent...

The slowing down as the load increases points to a motor to me... Start capacitor has no effect after it's running but the run capacitor certainly could... Fairly cheap part & easily changed...

I agree 100%, 90+ percent of compressor problems are the valves so a little maintenance there whether it's the problem or not is time/money well spent...

The slowing down as the load increases points to a motor to me... Start capacitor has no effect after it's running but the run capacitor certainly could... Fairly cheap part & easily changed...

Welp, finally got around to putting the new Made in the USA start and run capacitors...no dice. It actually fills up to less psi than the old capacitor. lol Looks like Im on the hunt for a Made in the USA motor.

:thankyou:

For reference, this is the current motor

IMG_3096.jpg

So I cleaned the contacts for the pressure switch, turned the spring nut one-half turn anti-clockwise and it still sputters. Then turned the spring one-half turn clockwise (from the original position) and same ****. Still sputters.

:xscuseless:

IMG_3214.jpg
IMG_3216.jpg

Post a picture of the whole motor... Looks like it is a Y56 frame?

Gents! Been a while since I updated this thread (or even thought about the compressor lol). Long story short, it hit me one day last week when I decided to try it to blast some boat parts and it worked perfectly for 2 hours. Then I used it next day and it sputtered again.

So I make a drink and get to looking and pondering...THE GD BELT IS SLIPPING!!! So I proceed to move the motor back and cinch it down tight. Ran it for about 10 cycles and it ran flawlessly. This brings me to today.

I order a NOS belt off of ebay for $15. Made in the USA like the old one and half the price of the chineseium out there, thank you very much. Same part number, brand etc as the old one. I am trying to install the new belt and it will not go over the motor pulley with all the bolts in and at it's furthest point towards the compressor. I do the reverse and take all the bolts out and put the belt over the pulley and the bolt holes wont line up without binding.

My question to the braintrust is...how/can I stretch out this v-belt just a titty bit? I realize sitting on a shelf for 40 years in the same position isn't helping my situation. lol I am trying not to open another can of worms and re-drill the motor holes.

Gents! Been a while since I updated this thread (or even thought about the compressor lol). Long story short, it hit me one day last week when I decided to try it to blast some boat parts and it worked perfectly for 2 hours. Then I used it next day and it sputtered again.

So I make a drink and get to looking and pondering...THE GD BELT IS SLIPPING!!! So I proceed to move the motor back and cinch it down tight. Ran it for about 10 cycles and it ran flawlessly. This brings me to today.

I order a NOS belt off of ebay for $15. Made in the USA like the old one and half the price of the chineseium out there, thank you very much. Same part number, brand etc as the old one. I am trying to install the new belt and it will not go over the motor pulley with all the bolts in and at it's furthest point towards the compressor. I do the reverse and take all the bolts out and put the belt over the pulley and the bolt holes wont line up without binding.

My question to the braintrust is...how/can I stretch out this v-belt just a titty bit? I realize sitting on a shelf for 40 years in the same position isn't helping my situation. lol I am trying not to open another can of worms and re-drill the motor holes.

Soak the belt in a bucket of very hot water - maybe 10 minutes.

****IMPORTANT - Turn the power off to the compressor

Place the belt around the motor pulley first (small pulley) - then gradually roll the belt over the top of the large pulley.....and roll gently by hand in one direction.
Belt should 'flop' into the groove.

Place the belt around the motor pulley first (small pulley) - then gradually roll the belt over the top of the large pulley.....and roll gently by hand in one direction.

Thanks Rog. I improvised a medieval-type device to stretch it out. Wallace has been on the rack 3 days now lol Im going to try it out today. If that doesn't work, I will try your suggestion.

1666214852452.png

:lol:

Thanks Rog. I improvised a medieval-type device to stretch it out. Wallace has been on the rack 3 days now lol Im going to try it out today. If that doesn't work, I will try your suggestion.

View attachment 1360375

:lol:
Just roll the belt over gently......don't get too flashy...... :lol:

William Wallace kilt gif.gif

Well, the rack worked. lol Your tip about rolling it over the large pulley worked great, Rog. :thankyou: Rolled the large pulley little by little and she flopped right in. I ran 3 cycles last night (it was kind of late so I didnt want to do too many) and she worked flawlessly. Im not going to call the problem solved quite yet, though. Im going to use the blast cabinet and really put her through her paces and see how she does.

Well, the rack worked. lol Your tip about rolling it over the large pulley worked great, Rog. :thankyou: Rolled the large pulley little by little and she flopped right in. I ran 3 cycles last night (it was kind of late so I didnt want to do too many) and she worked flawlessly. Im not going to call the problem solved quite yet, though. Im going to use the blast cabinet and really put her through her paces and see how she does.
Excellent.

:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back