• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race Cars in Progress

moparpoor

Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
I thought I would start a new thread to start some new intrest possibly.It has been a little quite here on the race thread:poke::sleepy3::sleepy3:
So here are some pics of a buddies car I have been working on for awhile.
72 charger 25.5 spec 4link tubed.You know your typical street car!!
Lets see some of your progress this winter on your race cars!!!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,536
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,527
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,526
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,520
Looks like a lot of work!!!!! Lots of work left to be done too!!!!
Nice........ :)
Good luck!

Looks great , wish I was at that point getting my cage in. Street car you can't put a back seat in there lol how fast you looking to go? Looks like you building for the low 7 to high 6s.

new racecar project

A 65 AWB,going a little slow for now too many other projects going on right now!A 64 S.F.max wedge and a 32 Ply PA coupe.

It will cert for 7.49 and slower when done.It will be street driven on occasions to the local vfw and bakers on sundays.The motor is in still planning mode right now.It looks to be a 540 with a F3 super charger.

The AWB will be powered by an all alum. 540cu injected on alcohol! The 32 will be an old! school hot rod!Flat black paint,a blown 392 hemi,no billet on this one!but not a rat rod either.

It will cert for 7.49 and slower when done.It will be street driven on occasions to the local vfw and bakers on sundays.The motor is in still planning mode right now.It looks to be a 540 with a F3 super charger.

Sounds sweet, I'm just planning on running 8.50 or high 7s on a 528 or 540 twin turbo. I was thinking of doing a 540 but everyone says to go with billet rods and crank. But turbos are easier on internals so I should be okay going with 540 with everything forged. Will a 16 pt cage and front and rear frame connectors be okay to run or do I need to get a 25.5 set up cage.

The AWB will be powered by an all alum. 540cu injected on alcohol! The 32 will be an old! school hot rod!Flat black paint,a blown 392 hemi,no billet on this one!but not a rat rod either.

Those sound like good projects

Sounds sweet, I'm just planning on running 8.50 or high 7s on a 528 or 540 twin turbo. I was thinking of doing a 540 but everyone says to go with billet rods and crank. But turbos are easier on internals so I should be okay going with 540 with everything forged. Will a 16 pt cage and front and rear frame connectors be okay to run or do I need to get a 25.5 set up cage.

You will need a cage cert to 25.5.Yhat is for 7.49 or slower no heavier than 3600#
I seen a 540 with MM stroker kit and a F2 procharger make 1500hp with nothing fancy and no intercooler.

The AWB car is cool,but the 32 is bad ***.That needs to be in my shop.I would love to build one.Something about all tire and motor in a little package sound like a hell of alot of fun!!!!!!!

You will need a cage cert to 25.5.Yhat is for 7.49 or slower no heavier than 3600#
I seen a 540 with MM stroker kit and a F2 procharger make 1500hp with nothing fancy and no intercooler.

Yea I have talked to them and they told me the same. 25.5 your using the stock floor plan it looks like, so are you a full tubed chassis? I'm hopeing with fiberglass doors, hood, fenders, bumper and trunk lid to get the weight down around 3000.

No its a round tube backhalf 4130 tubing,steel doors,steel fenders,steel bumpers,steel decklid.We will be just within a couple of hundred pounds to be legal.By the way it will have a vinyl top also.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,355
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,366
Moparpoor that thing looks great... Good luck with the beast...

Moparpoor: cool thanks for those other pics. I was hopeing to be able to keep the back seat in lol. Maybe ill stick to the front and rear clips and just get the more point cage, I'm looking also at the 4130 tubing from chris alston. Did you buy a cage kit? Who did you go through? Did you just get the whole chassis kit and just weled it into the stock body?

I bend everything myself.Cage kits for a 25.5 spec isn't a reality for us mopar guys.I wouldn't buy one anyways.Everything has to be custom tailored to the driver and his needs.I have installed some kits from S&W a few years ago.It fit well with some adjustments.
The four link on this car is a modified alston.I usually put their truck style four links in street cars and retain the back seat.These are usually for the street racers.They usually only run a 6 point cage to help with the chassis and under fender mnt. apron reinf.

I bend everything myself.Cage kits for a 25.5 spec isn't a reality for us mopar guys.I wouldn't buy one anyways.Everything has to be custom tailored to the driver and his needs.I have installed some kits from S&W a few years ago.It fit well with some adjustments.
The four link on this car is a modified alston.I usually put their truck style four links in street cars and retain the back seat.These are usually for the street racers.They usually only run a 6 point cage to help with the chassis and under fender mnt. apron reinf.

I figured the kit would need to be custom for our cars, just figure get a kit and find someone that can weld the kit in. Just thought it'd be the cheaper route instead of clips and connectors and cage, its all there just weld to the stock floor plan and connect the factory frame with some of the bars from the kit.

Dashboard

Attachments

• donedash.jpg
    donedash.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,315
Crizila nice clean cage install, sweet... You don't see too many late model Chrysler 300's made into race cars

Auto Transport Service
Back