• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race Cars in Progress

We don't get to many tremors here but those tornadoes are a different thing here.. not fun.

This is also posted in the '62-'65 section but this thread seems really relevant and we're so close to being done. Not that any car ever is.

SAM_3100.jpg

SAM_3111.jpg

That sure is one nice wagon!!!

Well guys I am finally getting to spend some time on my own race car.Started to work on it last friday in my spare time.As of right now it will be getting a 3/4 wrap and painted top half.Some light weight parts are being added aswell.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 632
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 641
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 626
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 628
MoparPoor ; what class are you planning on running ??, or what do you expect the car to run ??, may be a better question

I ran pro class last season.Will run pro class,sportsman,and some 11.0 index maybe this year.The best for the 64 was [email protected] just want to clean the car up and make it more visually appealing.If I don't hurry up,my son is going to shoot me.He has been patiently waiting to get his ride into the shop and get started.

I don't think I have ever seen an early B with a solid cowl. I lived in Phoenix for 20+ years and bought cars from California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, etc and every one of them had problems there. Mainly the drivers side too. It looks like you are getting it sorted out though!

Let me tell you,this car was rotted.Really it should have gone to the crusher.This was a two hundred dollar parts car I threw a bunch of left over parts at.I shouldn't have,now I am hooked on these old b-bodies.Well its good enough for a bracket car.I will post some more update pics later.

Here are some update pics.Lots of metal work on the fire wall.Should have it in primer tommorow night.Maybe have the engine compartment painted early next week.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 558
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 572
I just finished priming the engine compartment.I may paint it tommorow.We will see how things go.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 563
That looks familiar:blob1:Just the opposite color

Attachments

• Garage 8.11 004.jpg
    Garage 8.11 004.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 540
Rolled the charger out for a blow job today.It needed it,inch of dust and metal shavings all over everything.That and time to clean shop.The weather is awsome today!!!

A few years back I asked the wife for one of those........... jobs.

She bought me this and said I could be blown whenever I put the pedal down:headbang:

Attachments

• Blower3.jpg
    Blower3.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 551
  • Blower1.jpg
    Blower1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 538
Ya,I told my wife I would quit spending money on the race cars if she would blow mme more often.Well still spending money on the race cars.

Put some color to it today!Creamsicle orange is the color my son picked out.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 543
The pics just don't do the color any justice.When I get it outside I will take some more pics.

I like it, but I like many oranges, almost looks like a candy Tangerine or atleast a high poly metalic, base coat... Your son has good taste...

Looks sharp! It does look like a Candy color, thats going to look great for sure..

I like it, but I like many oranges, almost looks like a candy Tangerine or atleast a high poly metalic, base coat... Your son has good taste...

It is a candy color.It is PPG Vibrant color.My son has very expensive taste to say the least.

Yep

It is a candy color.It is PPG Vibrant color.My son has very expensive taste to say the least.

Isn't always the way it is ??.... My Step Dad Bob use to say the same thing to me...LOL... He was who taught me most of the fab & body/paint skills I have now... I would always pick the most expensive paints for my projects {especially when he was paying}, I just went with what I liked, he had much simpler tastes than I had, I always wanted translucent, candy, base coat clear coat or high poly metallic paints &/or pearls, he would do just easy single or 2 tone color paint jobs usually...

I am the one usually with the excentric taste.My son is a clean,simple and functional type of kid.He threw me a monkey wrench with this one.When we got home from the inlaws,we ran into the garage to see if we still like it.It is pretty badass color.We are pitching the idea of doing a paint scheme Inspired by the WOO&HAUGH SS/AH cuda

Auto Transport Service
Back