• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race Cars in Progress

I like that orange Kevin! That thing is going to explode in the sun! Your boy made a great choice. Can't wait to see it all orange.

I am the one usually with the excentric taste.My son is a clean,simple and functional type of kid.He threw me a monkey wrench with this one.When we got home from the inlaws,we ran into the garage to see if we still like it.It is pretty badass color.We are pitching the idea of doing a paint scheme Inspired by the WOO&HAUGH SS/AH cuda

Would that be Larry Woo, orange (not as vibrant as your sons car) with black strip silver bottom? Seems ive seen it, the Cuda, some where..

Would that be Larry Woo, orange (not as vibrant as your sons car) with black strip silver bottom? Seems ive seen it, the Cuda, some where..

Thats the one.You are right,the orange on the cuda is a little more concervative.I built a slot car to match the cuda.Here's a pic to refresh your memory.Bye the way this is my personal car.He just picked the color.He has two of his own cars.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 722
Here's my slot car

Doesn't look my Satellte, but here's the slot cars I build....had to put it up, ready for the worlds race

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 673
Nice!I don't know wich is more addictive,the slot cars or the real cars.What ever tool I have for the real cars,I have for the slots X 2 atleast!!!It is amazing the things we can do with these cars now.Wish my track was closer,my wallet doesn't though!

Thats the one.You are right,the orange on the cuda is a little more concervative.I built a slot car to match the cuda.Here's a pic to refresh your memory.Bye the way this is my personal car.He just picked the color.He has two of his own cars.

Thanks, Sorry about the mix up on your personal car, thought that sounded familiar and thats a couple nice smaller version race cars, you did do a good job on that Cuda.

It's been a little while since my last update.Really doesn't look like I got much done,but sure have spent alot of time working on it.I installed the motor,trans,radiator,headers,starter,fr wheel studs,new calipers,all new brake lines,roll control,bumped the roof,blocked the lt side,install master cylinder,blacked out the lower part of the front chassis,and pissed the wife off.Oh haven't pissed the wife off yet,that will happen tommorow when all the delivery trucks show up :eek: :angry9: By the way started the new harness on paper.I guess I did do alot!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 637
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 646
Awh yes progress...

A little progress was made on my race car.I primed the roof with poly prime and blocked.Then removed the back glass and sprayed the final coats of primer on the roof.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 609
Also recieved the front suspension for the charger and installed.Checked the ride height and stance with the owner.We are good to go,need to add a couple of gussets and tin.Then it goes home

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 635
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 597
It looks good & nice stance, sitting on the ground, I'll bet it feels really good too...

I just read my way through this thread . The work looks great For now I just have a cruiser hopeing to get a bldg to work on something more later. Thanks for all the pictures and info.

I accidentally found another you may remember, Larry Huff? Actually i seen this, not the same picture, in a copy of my Hemmings Muscle Machines mag... Made me think of Woo, more the Cuda back then, and thought id share this, hope you don't mind! Thought you may remember him, well, the car anyway :) I never drag raced at the track just some street racing back in the day, the great 70s.... But ive always watched them, very few i seem to remember but once in awhile.... Anyway he didn't name this car after the Soapy sales show, He had a business set up and actually sold different kinds of soap i guess.. Im sure this isn't to relevant to your project here but now im guessing you'll update the build your doing :) enjoy!
25Huff-1.gif

Larry Huff's Soapy Sales Dart, Larry Christopherson's Arizona Wildcat Vega, Mike Cyr's Skipper’s Fish & Chips Mustang, Nathan Valdez's Mustang, Chuck Finders' High Speed Monza, Ron Fassl's Elephant Hunter Mustang, Tom Anderson's Vega, Pat Brinegar's Arkansas Razorback Duster, Terry Capp's Wheeler Dealer Vega, and Mike Diedrich's Cuda. In 1974, this funny car was as state of the art as you could get. The Soapy Sales Dodge Dart featured full side windows, rear window louvers, a blower cover, a low stance, and Moon wheel covers on occasion. The car was owned by Larry Huff and tuned by Rick Guasco. Pat Foster drove the car at first, then was replaced with Richard Tharp (as pictured). Tharp drove the car to times of 6.20, 235 in 1975. The car was sold when Huff's legal problems mounted. Tharp won the NHRA Top Fuel World Championship the next year. Huff later returned with Guasco in the ‘90s to race a rebuilt Pure Hell AA/FA

Any pictures of 60's and 70's era race cars and hot rods of mopar are always appreciated!!!!!

Glad you like it, im not going to start putting in a bunch but i did have this one so, ill share.

"This funny car was rare indeed -- one of the only funny cars to be based out of the state of Arkansas. Pat Brinegar bought the Hot Wheels Duster from Tom McEwen and had Russell Long shake the car down. Dale Pederson and Billy Grooms (pictured) also drove the car. Grooms later took the car to his Fulton, Tennessee home. Grooms won an 8-car show at Beech Bend in 1973 running a best of 6.87. The car was later sold. Grooms lost his life in the Super Duster in a crash at U.S. 30 the next year. (Drag Racing Memories photo; info sources Bruce Grooms and draglist.com)"
25Grooms.gif

Whoa! sorry i did have another, actually more but there not Mopar and don't want to carry that far, so lol, im out! for now anyway.. There is a Vega with a Kieth Black Hemi! I hope these hasn't been shown somewhere else at the site..

"Mike Diedrich had a short but memorable funny car career. In 1972, he purchased Jim Dunn's first funny car to join the West Coast funny car scene. Mike can be seen in Dunn's movie Funny Car Summer. On one of his early runs, "Super Mike" had a bad fire that was caught on film and photographed for many magazines. The car is shown bearing the scars of that fire in this shot. Diedrich retired by the end of 1972. (Drag Racing Memories photo; draglist.com info)"
25Diedrich.gif

You should start another thread in the race section with vintage pics.I don't know of anybody that doesn't enjoy some nostalgia hot rods!!!The paint on these machies were wild and exciting as where the cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back