• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator puking

IMHO- put a 180* t-stat in it. If you go with a puke bottle you need a rad.cap made for pulling a/f from it when it cools down(double gasket in cap).
Bee, Do you know of a good cap to use with a tank? Maybe a part number?

Ranger beat me to it Ed. Has to have other than a copper(?) seal lip at upper edge.

Hey pushrod, what exactly are you disagreeing with? I just stated the facts on that post

I had this on a car I worked on years ago. It would push water out but not get overly hot.
It was a slightly blown head gasket allowing the compression gas into the cooling system.
May not be your problem.

You can pressure check the system and find out what cap it likes. The bottle is good idea and cap needs to match. Get some coolant test strips and make sure the additive package has not dropped out.

That looks like it should be factory.
I used the existing holes for the condenser mounting. Had a bunch of surplus Wi-Fi powder coated antenna mount at work. Zip tied and done. Works great and everyone compliments at car shows.

What am i missing regarding running a sixpack setup. Do they tend to run hotter then single four?

Went with Billcom's idea, zip tied it in and good to go. Thanks man!
I get asked about this so much at car shows I keep the Dorman part number in the glove box.

Auto Transport Service
Back