• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator replacement

Markzilla88

Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Hey there. I have a 73 charger with a 318 and have blown little holes here and there in the radiator and have patched them up pretty well, but just recently it blew again pretty bad. It seems to be right at the seal where the two pieces of copper? come together above the coils. I think Im done patching the original radiator up... Which leads me to my question, does anyone know of a good replacement radiator that doesnt cost $600? Ive seen a few on ebay for $150 but am alittle warry on their quality. It doesnt need to have a trans cooler either, as I have installed a seperate one. Thank you

Mark

I have a nice OEM one I took out of my 74 Road Runner. It was originally a 318 car with a 360 in it and it cooled just fine even during the summer down here. I only took it out because I'm having a 440 put in and needed a three-core unit. $100 and shipping and it's yours.

You can get a brand new one @ Advance Auto Parts for $180 in a day or two.

I believe the new ones available at your local auto parts stores are plastic and aluminum, not the original style brass type, but if originality is not a concern, that's an option. Also depends on the size and if you want original the smaller ones are easier to find, the 26 and 28s are getting more sparse.

Auto Transport Service
Back