• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Griffin radiator

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Thought i would share, I recently had to steal the smith 26” alum radiator out of my roadrunner as it was set up for my Dart (which I’m finally putting back together after several years). I bought a 26” Griffin for 70 model mopar. 2 row of 1.25” tubes. I bought a brand new shroud for a 70 26” radiator as well from summit. Went back to a clutch fan. It appears to be cooling even better than my smith did. I always have had good luck with Griffin’s. Fits pretty good as well. Not sure I would buy anything else for one of these cars. Also used a dayco 70678 lower radiator hose. Fits really well!

IMG_0480.jpeg
IMG_0479.jpeg
IMG_0478.jpeg

Agreed, I have basically the same set up on my '68 GTX with a 472 Hemi. I have never had an overheat issue even driving in 90+ degree weather for long distances. Great quality product.

Not a lot of people talk about them anymore but Griffin still makes a very good radiator.

I have used Griffin stock looking radiators in 3 of my cars and never had a cooling problem. I always paint them radiator black and they look correct, just no numbers.
20220426_162759.jpg
20210122_155954.jpg

They are somewhat pricey. If I remember correctly, I think $850.
20210806_123412.jpg

This one was $1200

my griffin fan and shroud combo on my 63 savoy 440 ci. no overheat problems .

IMG_6627.jpg

Thought i would share, I recently had to steal the smith 26” alum radiator out of my roadrunner as it was set up for my Dart (which I’m finally putting back together after several years). I bought a 26” Griffin for 70 model mopar. 2 row of 1.25” tubes. I bought a brand new shroud for a 70 26” radiator as well from summit. Went back to a clutch fan. It appears to be cooling even better than my smith did. I always have had good luck with Griffin’s. Fits pretty good as well. Not sure I would buy anything else for one of these cars. Also used a dayco 70678 lower radiator hose. Fits really well!

View attachment 1503535View attachment 1503536View attachment 1503537
same rad. I use , even dropped the car off the floor jack and bent the front facia and rad up about an 1 1/2'' , tested it and no leaks , straightened and repainted the lower facia out and all good to go , that was about 12 yrs ago. I have posted pics before of it but I`m on a tablet now and havent got it on here ...

Way better than the throw it away in a short time Chinesium ones.

same rad. I use , even dropped the car off the floor jack and bent the front facia and rad up about an 1 1/2'' , tested it and no leaks , straightened and repainted the lower facia out and all good to go , that was about 12 yrs ago. I have posted pics before of it but I`m on a tablet now and havent got it on here ...

IMG_0469 (3).JPG

IMG_0474 (1).JPG

Love mine - it solved all cooling issues. About $750 at Summit now.... "Exact Fit" series, 26".
I believe the number is like 5-0004 or some such. It accepts the factory shroud perfectly, too.
I have a thread on here somewheres about installing it, making the support hole match, centering
the whole thing on the fan centerline, etc....and yes @Charlie Brown , they're made in SC.

6-24-17 radiator shroud fan spacer 3.jpg

Bob where did you purchase your radiator shroud?
sorry for being late on this , it came from summit too, but I have reworked it 3 times for diff. fan and clutch set ups . Comes apart in the middle of the sides , like some of the older chevy pick ups , extremely handy !!

Auto Transport Service
Back