• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator review please

Roger63

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone used this radiator? How did it perform?
Thanks.
26" Big Block Mopar Radiator
Screenshot_20230528_101432_Chrome.jpg

Looks identical to the one I'm using but didn't buy from that Company. Did buy off e bay though. Can't think of company at present. It is cooling a 512 cu in stroker in my 68 Roadrunner. Works well and accepts a stock shroud, a plus. ruffcut

100_0073.JPG

Looks identical to the one I'm using but didn't buy from that Company. Did buy off e bay though. Can't think of company at present. It is cooling a 512 cu in stroker in my 68 Roadrunner. Works well and accepts a stock shroud, a plus. ruffcut

View attachment 1471250
Wow that does look identical.

Overheating problems: 69 Roadrunner, originally a 383, now 440, 23" radiator with 6 blade fan (not clutch fan). I've only had the car for about 4 years, did boil the radiator out. I put a fan shroud on it but it didn't help the overheating. Looking at putting a 26" radiator in with shroud and clutch fan. My question is: Will the current radiator support for the 23", work with the 26"?

#1 a fixed fan cools better than a clutch.

#2 what 6 blade fan do you have? Some aftermarket flex fan? Stock fans are generally 4 or 7. The fixed 7 blade with curled tips is the best fan Chrysler ever made.

#3 no reason that a factory 22" copper rad shouldn't keep you cool even without a shroud.

dadsbee; I was wrong - just went out and counted and it's a 7 blade fan with curled tips. Well the radiator, shroud, and 7 blade fan that I have; it runs hot. I was thinking my next step would be to get a 26" radiator but didn't know if it would fit my radiator support.

Jeff linked the rad support change thread above.

I can run the **** out of my 4 gear Bee. Stock 22" radiator that was recored (stock 2 row) 5 years ago. 190 stat in her and she runs 195 on an 85F day. No shroud.

I'm using a Flowkooler water pump and that thing keeps my engine cool.I'm wondering if the problem is with the water pump you're using.

I'll have to look at the pump for some numbers, maybe a Chrysler stamp. The car is a 69; but after I got it a couple of years ago I ran the serial # off the engine and it said it was molded in 73. So I don't know if the pump is a 69 or 73. I'm sure it's not a Flowkooler.

Auto Transport Service
Back