• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare A12 sold at auction

cbodybob

Reaction score
I took this video of this beautiful A12 Road Runner at the GCCA auction. Alpine white with super rare blue interior & a 4 speed. Enjoy the video folks. Brought to you by the one & only C body Bob.

I cannot find any data on the GAA site. Did you get the VIN by chance?

Thanks.

D

My memory is fading, but didn't think A12's was available in white. A12 guys will chime in.

All 1969 colors were available on Road Runners and Super Bees. A12 option did not dictate any specific colors.

D

I cannot find any data on the GAA site. Did you get the VIN by chance?

Thanks.

D
This video was from a year ago pre Covid. Unfortunately the governor shut down much of the state & although most businesses are back the auction isnt. There was a full display on the car & info was posted on their site but it’s likely removed now.

That car was on e-bay a few years ago and I had the high bid at 50k. After the auction the seller contacted me and told me he needed 60k or he was sending it to auction with a reserve of 67k and it sold at under 70k....could have,,,,, should have,,,,

Hmmmm,,,,I see that this auction is in S. Carolina. The A 12 I bid on was in Texas and he said he was only 2 hours away from the auction site. I am sure it was an Alpine White, blue bucket 4 speed.... could there be two of them or is this the same one?

Doing a little research, The one I bid on was before 2019, probably closer to 2016 or 2017. This is probably the same car sold by the person who won it at auction in 16 or 17, he didn't make a profit thats for sure!

Last edited:
yes they did make a few alpine white ones . there was an mopar magazine with an article on one that a dealership sold ( Malcomb motors i think ) i called them about it because i own a alpine white road runner it was painted B5 blue when i bought it . susan malcomb answered the phone the owner as i talked with her she told me that plymouth did not sell alot on alpine white road runner or A12S . so she said that i should put my car back to alpine white so i did and man am i glad i did
0608190758b.jpg

like i said not alot made 15 A12S not sure about road runners but i think that it was not a common color

If they made them, sure is rare. We had lots of them in my area at the time. Never saw a white one. Our Dodge dealer was big on performance cars and I never saw a white one. So they must have been very rare.

If they made them, sure is rare. We had lots of them in my area at the time. Never saw a white one. Our Dodge dealer was big on performance cars and I never saw a white one. So they must have been very rare.

Knowing how rare the color is, I think it was a privilege to have owned it, which means that I'm guilty of white privilege.

That car was on e-bay a few years ago and I had the high bid at 50k. After the auction the seller contacted me and told me he needed 60k or he was sending it to auction with a reserve of 67k and it sold at under 70k....could have,,,,, should have,,,,

Hmmmm,,,,I see that this auction is in S. Carolina. The A 12 I bid on was in Texas and he said he was only 2 hours away from the auction site. I am sure it was an Alpine White, blue bucket 4 speed.... could there be two of them or is this the same one?

Doing a little research, The one I bid on was before 2019, probably closer to 2016 or 2017. This is probably the same car sold by the person who won it at auction in 16 or 17, he didn't make a profit thats for sure!
Not sure. This auction is in NC.

Now I am sure that is the same car I bid on a few years ago, it was from Texas. Look closely at the plate!
1969-plymouth-road-runner.jpg

This paint chart link above shows that there are 11, or 3.81 % of known A 12 's factory painted W1 Alpine white. If you want a really rare color there is ONE, or .35% factory painted B3 Ice blue metallic!

Back