• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare satellite?

Since 72 was a strike shortened year, I would say that besides it being a Sebring, and not a Sebring Plus, that it’s probably pretty rare.

I wonder how many other models of Mopars are out there with that similar fender tag ?

RP = a Sebring Plus, was the replacement model for the prior Sport Satellite, which was essentially a GTX without a 440.

Thanks for sharing the photos. One of the first cars off the assembly line in 72.

BUT...... that car should be preserved as-is, not restored. The value and interest is in its original form as an early build car. Push the dent out, find some trim for it, and gently clean and wax it and .... done.

Was there a base model Satellite in 72? I’m not too familiar with the Satellites from 71 and on, although I did have a 72 Sebring and my folks had a 73 Sebring Plus

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 7.10.54 PM.png

That's pretty odd.

Kind of like my broadcast sheet that says "last job".

Not a Sebring Plus in the ad so I would say no. Pilots were sold to the public after Chrysler was done. Only pre production body in white type cars were crushed I believe. Seen quite a few pilots over the years.
Those are called mules. There are a few phases before production models. Mule is one of the last and they are all destroyed, but every once in a while, one squeaks by as evidenced by a hemi wagon or 4 door.

Auto Transport Service
Back