• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare satellite?

Ive found a few people that keep the good parts and ask alot more for those parts. Before ebay and here. Where were you going to find those parts? So paying a ransom to get those for the car they belonged to was not uncommon.
My son and I drove 4 hours in the pouring rain once to look at 71 Road Runner 4-speed car. The seller played that game, rallye gauges, $400 extra, Hood extra, shifter extra, and the list went on. I was pissed and told him to get bent.

I don’t get the mentality of not including the original hood with the car...greed?
Too bad, hopefully he will come to his senses $3k is an extremely generous offer!
It was the owner before the guy he bought the car from that kept the hood. The guy he bought it from,gave my friend the guys number to try to help him get the hood back that belonged on the car.

It was the owner before the guy he bought the car from that kept the hood. The guy he bought it from,gave my friend the guys number to try to help him get the hood back that belonged on the car.
Good guy to help out like that!
2 owners away from the “hood keeper“ and it still isn’t with the car.
I must be getting old and cranky but the aggravation wouldn’t be worth it to me.
Nice car, looks good as is-enjoy it and keep looking even though it’s aggravating he will likely save a couple thousand in the end, and get some back selling the standard rr hood...

Last edited:
The only thing I would do to that car is replace the seat cover bottom.

...and prevent any further rust/deterioration.

It's too nice and unmolested otherwise.

I might not even fix the dent.

Isn't there a gang of folks on FxBO that always say- 'They're only original once"?

Looked back at the pics and saw more rust than I did the first time.

I'd still ask to be in the survivor's tent.

I remember seeing a 71 Sport Satellite once, cool car. The ultimate would be a 383hp, pistol grip 4 speed, console, ralley dash, bucket seats, 8.75 sure grip, power steering, manual front disc, no water harboring vinyl top. maybe an air grabber hook was optional too?

I remember seeing a 71 Sport Satellite once, cool car. The ultimate would be a 383hp, pistol grip 4 speed, console, ralley dash, bucket seats, 8.75 sure grip, power steering, manual front disc, no water harboring vinyl top. maybe an air grabber hook was optional too?
This SSP is so early it doesn't have electronic Ign.I parted a 71 SSP 383/727 buckets/console P/S P/B A/C Winchester Gray Metallic with B/vinyl top,only had 40k but was severely rusted.

Auto Transport Service
Back