• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RB block in early b-body swap

V8Manu

Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for swap motor mounts to put a RB block in a 62" early b-body. Schumacher seems to be down. All the parts are out of stock. Maybe someone here may help me. Thanks. Best regards.

I hate to tell you, but it is going to be an uphill battle for you regarding the conversion mounts. Schumacher is pretty much out of business. I just checked Mancini racing and they show out of stock. I believe they bought their stuff from Schumacher. As you know 62 is a one year deal when it comes to the K member, if you were 63-5 still a few places that make the ears that mount to motor and the inserts are still available

I feel for you guys in other countries.It's hard enough getting parts here in the states.
It may be time to locate a 66-72 B body V8 K frame and do a swap.You may be able to score Big Block engine brackets at the same time.

In regards to Schumacher, I believe they are Out of Business. I have been told by a Fellow member, near them, that They were closed. I made an attempt to purchase an item, which showed "in stock", on Their Website. The Sale, & Billing went through, along with a confirmation E-mail, but I never received the item. I received the Credit Card bill in late August, and am now pursuing a refund, by disputing the bill. Really glad I bought my other items from them years ago, and still have them boxed for future usage...

I hate to tell you, but it is going to be an uphill battle for you regarding the conversion mounts. Schumacher is pretty much out of business. I just checked Mancini racing and they show out of stock. I believe they bought their stuff from Schumacher. As you know 62 is a one year deal when it comes to the K member, if you were 63-5 still a few places that make the ears that mount to motor and the inserts are still available
I think there were an early and late 62 K frame if you have the early it would be best to find a 63-65 V-8 K frame and I agree the brackets and inserts are available.

Hi

I am looking for swap motor mounts to put a RB block in a 62" early b-body. Schumacher seems to be down. All the parts are out of stock. Maybe someone here may help me. Thanks. Best regards.
Try the Crossram Connection in Waukesha Wisconsin. Brian could help you out.

I believe the troubles at Schumacher are due to health problems with the owner, going back some time.
I am lazy. Rather than go through the trouble of finding a suitable k member and mounts,and then having to change the k-member out, in your position(and country) I would use Andy F's elephant ears. I'm using elephant ears on my 62, and I HAVE a 62 big block k and mounts.
And be aware, the later 66 up k members move the engine back toward the firewall, causing more fitment problems.

Are you looked for engine brackets that bolt to block, or the K-member to insulator mounts ??? I have a pair of k member to insulators mounts that's came from Schumacher's. Brand new, found my originals in the trunk after I ordered these. Would be happy to help you get that 62 on the road !!

Cheeseburgerhead, i may be wrong, but i imply by his question, that he has a slant six or small block car, that he wants to put a big block in.
I think he was looking for the engine swap mounts that used to be available from Schumacher .
Again, just my guess.

Or find a 1962 K frame that had a 361 in it.

Schumacher's web page says their moving?

"We appreciate your patience as we transition to our new location."

Our phone lines are currently down, but you can still reach us via email:

[email protected]

https://www.engine-swaps.com/

@V8Manu what was in your car originally?

It's a friends car. We don't know. The 440 cui was installed but with an ugly motor bracket installed from water pump to fender inner wall.

Are you looked for engine brackets that bolt to block, or the K-member to insulator mounts ??? I have a pair of k member to insulators mounts that's came from Schumacher's. Brand new, found my originals in the trunk after I ordered these. Would be happy to help you get that 62 on the road !!

I will need both.

Cheeseburgerhead, i may be wrong, but i imply by his question, that he has a slant six or small block car, that he wants to put a big block in.
I think he was looking for the engine swap mounts that used to be available from Schumacher .
Again, just my guess.

We have a 62' Sport Fury (don't know the stock engine) and want to install a 73" fresh rebuild and stroked 440 RB block in it

It's a friends car. We don't know. The 440 cui was installed but with an ugly motor bracket installed from water pump to fender inner wall.
That is what's known as "elephant ears". They actually work very well, but do tend to transfer vibration. They can be modified with poly bushings to cut down the vibration.
I consider elephant ears a distinct upgrade from rubber mounts, especially in a hi performance stroker application.

I have a set of homemade elephant ears with a cutdown water pump as well

20200907_170315.jpg 20200907_170226.jpg 20200907_170210.jpg

We have a 62' Sport Fury (don't know the stock engine) and want to install a 73" fresh rebuild and stroked 440 RB block in it
Do you have the fender tag? It will tell you if you have an original slant six or v8 car. I don't know if it will tell you which v8, but somebody here will know.

Maybe somebody with a junk K frame could cut off a left mount for him?

Auto Transport Service
Back