• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Read my Plugs

RS23VOA

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Guys,
Whats my prognosis? Fuel injected. Its from my Ford truck that i use to pick up my mopar parts so cut me a break! 89, 300, 5sp.

Attachments

• sparkplug1.jpg
    sparkplug1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 162
  • sparkplug2.jpg
    sparkplug2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 157
What are we lookin at? Did you just yank um out? You really cannot read a plug or the mixture without a full throttle run and then immediately remove and look at them. Is that what we're lookin at? If not, then whatever anybody says will be wrong.

I just pulled them and replaced them. They always look like that when i replace them. The truck runs like crap, literally.

They got some kinda deposit thing goin on. They don't look too rich. Are you sure you're runnin the right heat range?

The gap on those are supposed to be .044 are you sure that is what you are gaping them and not .035? and try a motorcraft plug not auto lite it looks like too hot of a spark from the ecm.

Looks like its too lean to Me, check fuel line pressure and fuel filter,

This picture showing the different spark plug conditions is one ive had hear a long time, its one that was in my Haynes Manuel but pretty close to the one in daredevels link. and a good one to keep around to share or compare.

reading_spark_plugs.jpg

I have used different brands of plugs and they all do the same. I have changed the fuel filter several times and replaced the EGR valve. I set the plug gap at .044. New plug wires. What do you think about clogged injectors?

Auto Transport Service
Back