• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really? A 1/16th mile drag strip?

01 boooo.jpg

01 fy1.jpg

The only time I've even heard of shutting down at 330 is a licensing pass.

The tuners'll love it ... just long enough for the wastegate to blow then they can let off for the POS to backfire.

I build engines for some mud racers and fast track racers, most of them race on a 300 feet mud or dirt surface. It is pretty wild sometimes and a lot of fun. I just am glad I don't have to clean them up after a race. But as with any type of racing it will evolve and gain fans. 1/16 is better than nothing. I actually prefer 1/8 mile racing easier on equipment and safer due to the reduced speeds.

Maybe the attention span of tuners only lasts as long as it takes to go 330'. After that, back to posting on social media.

We ran 330' couple times this year.
We called it ' pit bike races' :lol:

I ran an 11.39 on a 77 princess auto 4horse tecumseh if any one cares :rolleyes:

Better than nothing, but then why not just make it a 60' launch battle? Distance allows for overtaking and breakout tactics that you are going to lose when the track gets too short. It will be interesting to see if it is successful.

Most tracks with decent timing systems will give a 330 time on your slip. Where I am in AZ, nearest track is at least two hours away.
Would I do 330 at a track 45 minutes away? You bet your A I would!
(My best 330, 4.04 not great, not bad. )
A bracket race is a bracket race. Cut a light, good 60 ft, play the finish line right, it don't matter if it's 330 ft, 1320 ft, or 5280.

Auto Transport Service
Back