• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really? A 1/16th mile drag strip?

Most tracks with decent timing systems will give a 330 time on your slip. Where I am in AZ, nearest track is at least two hours away.
Would I do 330 at a track 45 minutes away? You bet your A I would!
(My best 330, 4.04 not great, not bad. )
A bracket race is a bracket race. Cut a light, good 60 ft, play the finish line right, it don't matter if it's 330 ft, 1320 ft, or 5280.
Good time to convert to metric … and call it “the hundred meter dash” !!!

Our local 5/8 mile circle track has street drags on the front straight part of the track. Around 280 feet. Better than nothing. $10 per class to race.

I have to politely disagree with the "it's better than nothing'' folks....
Is it free? Do you still have to pass tech? Do you have to wait in line to make a pass?
Not worth my time.
Now, if you're already there for roundy-rounds and they let you drag on part of the track as 'erickson' posted? That's a different story. That's cool that they let you do that there.
But if a 3-second thrill is all I want, I can do that anywhere out here (as long as Johnny Law isn't around!)
The kids love it when I nail it from a stop but about 330' is where the real fun starts...of course on the mean streets around here we have 1/2 mile uninterrupted stretches with 2 or 3 lanes...good times.

What's next? 1/32-mile "Intersection races?" Hell my old Ford 460 flatbed would take a super-stocker in that distance!

Auto Transport Service
Back