• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear leaf springs, best option

I am seriously thinking about running split mono’s but not on sliders at this point,

I am seriously thinking about running split mono’s but not on sliders at this point,
I ordered my splitt mono for standard height, but it jacked the rear up 2” also another fellow also ordered his mono leave and it also jacked his 69 RR up 2” Calvert does have several choices from 2” lower to 2” higher than stock
So b careful when u order
I’m hoping my settles down an 1”, but people like it the way it is because it looks like old school the way it was back in the 60’s
Good luck
Bill

I ordered my splitt mono for standard height, but it jacked the rear up 2” also another fellow also ordered his mono leave and it also jacked his 69 RR up 2” Calvert does have several choices from 2” lower to 2” higher than stock
So b careful when u order
I’m hoping my settles down an 1”, but people like it the way it is because it looks like old school the way it was back in the 60’s
Good luck
Bill
I wonder if their heights are based of people using sliders rather than stock shackles, sliders lay flat against chassis rails near 2” different to shackles hanging‍♂️

I wonder if their heights are based of people using sliders rather than stock shackles, sliders lay flat against chassis rails near 2” different to shackles hanging‍♂️
The sliders do not affect the height it only prevents the leave spring from distorting when drag racing by putting pressure on spring. This pressure is adjustable. Mine are adjusted so it’s not even touching the spring the shackles are stock length.If you are looking for that low low look U may have to go a different route

5287A852-E1EB-4768-8096-0DD301A480FA.jpeg
Here is my friends car .He change his entire suspension to lower his car plus he put 20” rear tires in rear

The sliders do not affect the height it only prevents the leave spring from distorting when drag racing by putting pressure on spring. This pressure is adjustable. Mine are adjusted so it’s not even touching the spring the shackles are stock length.If you are looking for that low low look U may have to go a different route
Seems to be some confusion here, sliders are instead of rear shackles , perhaps you were talking about cal tracks or i'm misunderstanding your post. Sliders will reduce ride height but the difference will be less than half of the height difference between the slides and shackles due to the mounting of the rear end to the springs being more forward on the spring if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the comment.
For me, the improvement in the rear view is dramatic, was unexpected, and I couldn't be happier with it.
I think both rear and side views w/the new Calvert split mono leaf springs accentuates the outward flare of the rear fenderwells
Looks Good, what height did you go for on the calvert mono leafs? Stock, 1" raised or 1" lower?
I'm considering the 1" lower ride height.

Looks Good, what height did you go for on the calvert mono leafs? Stock, 1" raised or 1" lower?
I'm considering the 1" lower ride height.
I don't remember right now and my brain is at full capacity at this moment. I know my choice had some bearing on the rear sliders, but I don't know if the sliders result in a higher or lower stance than factory hangers, but I chose the springs that were comparable to arrive at a close to stock height. I'm glad the rear is a little higher than it was. That may also help with tire clearance to keep the inverted U shaped area of the wheelwell from rubbing.

I don't remember right now and my brain is at full capacity at this moment. I know my choice had some bearing on the rear sliders, but I don't know if the sliders result in a higher or lower stance than factory hangers, but I chose the springs that were comparable to arrive at a close to stock height. I'm glad the rear is a little higher than it was. That may also help with tire clearance to keep the inverted U shaped area of the wheelwell from rubbing.
I believe the sliders lower the car slightly. I'm leaning towards doing my own actually together with front hangers to maximize the drop.
I've bolted the old R/T springs to the car right now but I hate having those lowering blocks there.

It all depends on how you install the sliders. Direct mounting to the frame will result in a lower stance. I'm still deciding on how to mount mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back