• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Springs for 65 Belvedere

64plybelvwgn

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
Recently purchased a 65 Belvedere with the correct ( for me ) , slightly high rear end " attitude". However I do not like the extended shackles as used by the previous owner. I want to go back to stock shackles .

Short of having a spring shop re-arch or make me a pair of new springs, are there any Mopar springs ( example XHD or Super Stock ) that will give me the rear end attitude / altitude I'm looking for ?

I'm running 275/60/15's on 8" rims with no clearance issues.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

P9070031.JPG

Nice! Let's see some more pics!
I'm still trying to determine what it is... or what it was ? I can trace it back to SC in the early 2000's. Now has 440, but likely had 383 with 4spd. Clutch pedal still under dash. All gauges and lights work. Now a 727 with what appears to be a shift kit with too much pressure for the street. Shifted by B&M Quicksilver with std pattern. Rear is '489 with SureGrip, QA-1 adjustable shocks. 440 GTX-type exhaust manifolds with 3" pipes to rear bumper. Also has frame connectors. I can't find match with Belvedere and bucket seats, but that could be a change over by a previous owner. Has BeKool radiator with electric fan. Moroso trans cooler. Ignition is Mallory of another era. Will likely changeover to MSD or Pertronix as I keep sorting it out. Body/paint are a bit rough, about a 5...but good enough for cruise night. Claimed to have a Mopar "Purple" 484 cam, but again, need to do more taking apart and digging. That's about it.
I used to be on the site with my 64 Belvedere wagon, but I had a stroke and sold everything. My kids encouraged me to "stop hanging around"...and so now have the '65.

P9070019.JPG P9070026.JPG P9070041.JPG P9070055.JPG

Real nice! I need to sell both my A Bodies and get a nice early B.

And BTW... thanks to everyone for responding to my request and giving me some leads. Great !

I am a fan of the cal-trak system.You can get 1 inch above stock with some adjustability.

I'm still trying to determine what it is... or what it was ? I can trace it back to SC in the early 2000's. Now has 440, but likely had 383 with 4spd. Clutch pedal still under dash. All gauges and lights work. Now a 727 with what appears to be a shift kit with too much pressure for the street. Shifted by B&M Quicksilver with std pattern. Rear is '489 with SureGrip, QA-1 adjustable shocks. 440 GTX-type exhaust manifolds with 3" pipes to rear bumper. Also has frame connectors. I can't find match with Belvedere and bucket seats, but that could be a change over by a previous owner. Has BeKool radiator with electric fan. Moroso trans cooler. Ignition is Mallory of another era. Will likely changeover to MSD or Pertronix as I keep sorting it out. Body/paint are a bit rough, about a 5...but good enough for cruise night. Claimed to have a Mopar "Purple" 484 cam, but again, need to do more taking apart and digging. That's about it.
I used to be on the site with my 64 Belvedere wagon, but I had a stroke and sold everything. My kids encouraged me to "stop hanging around"...and so now have the '65.

View attachment 364368 View attachment 364369 View attachment 364370 View attachment 364371

Those seats and console look like '67 or so pieces.

I have SS springs on my 65. I have also used EPSO (springsnthings). They can do overarches upon request.

IMG_0467.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back