• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear suspension

So for you to say Caltracs work is pure speculation on your part because your car hasn't beed out yet to even try them, so how do you know and the fabbed up shock perches are done with a guy that hardly even races and wouldn't know if they work or not since it takes a lot of testing to get the Caltracs to work.

On another note, I set these Ladder bars once, if they go straight, I get a baseline shock setting and its pretty much repeats itself pass after pass.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 236502I used shock mounting kit given to me by Dap the shock position can be mounted in many different configurations it's an ART kit all I'm saying it's not hard or expensive to switch

But you don't even know if its going to work yet? All this back n forth with 0 results.
I think you need to come back and report to all of us once you make a few hits on your setup.
I have hundreds of passes on my ladder bars with results to prove they work and I don't have a lot of money invested.

So for you to say Caltracs work is pure speculation on your part because your car hasn't beed out yet to even try them, so how do you know and the fabbed up shock perches are done with a guy that hardly even races and wouldn't know if they work or not since it takes a lot of testing to get the Caltracs to work.

On another note, I et these Ladder bars once, if they go straight, I get a baseline shock setting and its pretty much repeats itself pass after pass.
First I did not reference my car in this thread I Referenced Adams car (Guppy) which last time I checked he was cleaning everyone's clock in your small tire race. It was his suspension and advice that that influence my approach as for Dap his design is more like Adams than mine. He has been busy these last couple of years but will have the car out this year and will do well in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg this is Guppys suspension

First I did not reference my car in this thread I Referenced Adams car (Guppy) which last time I checked he was cleaning everyone's clock in your small tire race. It was his suspension and advice that that influence my approach as for Dap his design is more like Adams than mine. He has been busy these last couple of years but will have the car out this year and will do well in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 236504 this is Guppys suspension

You're an intelligent guy, You know every car is different, unless you get it out and try it' all hear say.

Of course every car is different but when building a car you must first ask yourself what is your goal what is your budget and seek out those who's cars closely resemble the car you want to build and incorporate the designs and techniques of those builders who have already established a baseline you can follow the rest is up to the individual and how much he or she is willing to put in the effort of sorting out any combination that's all

Of course every car is different but when building a car you must first ask yourself what is your goal what is your budget and seek out those who's cars closely resemble the car you want to build and incorporate the designs and techniques of those builders who have already established a baseline you can follow the rest is up to the individual and how much he or she is willing to put in the effort of sorting out any combination that's all

I went with triple adjustable outlaw ladder bars and I don't want to be like anyone else. No one else had them and I proved that they work.
Add up how much you spent on your setup and I bet mine was cheaper to build. That anti sway bar adds an extra few hundred to the mix.
I think dollar for dollar my combo is far superior and much more consistent. But that's just my opinion.

All this bickering that is going no where. Doesn't anyone have a simple answer to a suspension problem?

No bickering here it's an honest debate on my side the exchanging of ideas and concepts is always a great thing information and knowledge is everyone's ultimate tool and Chris as to the breakdown in cost I will have to disagree with you here is a rough break down of my cost with my setup rear upper shock mount (ART) kit $43.00 rear adjustable lower shock mount kit $54.95 Anti Roll bar $300.00 Strange double adjustable shocks $590.00 a pair for a total of $987.00 your setup according to what I see Outlaw ladder bar $499.00 double adjustable shock kit $811.00 ladder bar crossmember 97.95 and diagonal link $94.95 for a total $1,562.90 as you can see your setup is $575.00 more than mine so cost is not an issue when comparing both setup

No bickering here it's an honest debate on my side the exchanging of ideas and concepts is always a great thing information and knowledge is everyone's ultimate tool and Chris as to the breakdown in cost I will have to disagree with you here is a rough break down of my cost with my setup rear upper shock mount (ART) kit $43.00 rear adjustable lower shock mount kit $54.95 Anti Roll bar $300.00 Strange double adjustable shocks $590.00 a pair for a total of $987.00 your setup according to what I see Outlaw ladder bar $499.00 double adjustable shock kit $811.00 ladder bar crossmember 97.95 and diagonal link $94.95 for a total $1,562.90 as you can see your setup is $575.00 more than mine so cost is not an issue when comparing both setup

Yes but you forgot to add the Caltrac mono leafs and Caltrac bars and front spring perches on your setup. Unless i'm missing something.

- - - Updated - - -

All this bickering that is going no where. Doesn't anyone have a simple answer to a suspension problem?

This is NOT bickering, this is good ol' bench racing trying to figure out what's the best rear suspension. Maybe you'll learn a thing or too

Which you already had. Of course if you are starting from scratch that would add to the cost that is why I said what are that persons goals. Cost wise it's awash even money. You see my Duster is a totally different animal than my Dart(ladder bar) so it's up to the person and there needs

Which you already had. Of course if you are starting from scratch that would add to the cost that is why I said what are that persons goals. Cost wise it's awash even money. You see my Duster is a totally different animal than my Dart(ladder bar) so it's up to the person and there needs

I sold the Caltracs and got all my money back from my original purchase and I sold the rear shocks too.
I didn't buy anything new till the old Caltracs were sold.
Your setup with the Anti roll bar and front mounted shocks looks interesting.

probably should have stuck post #145 in a new thread but figured we were discussing suspensions here anyway. Personally think both of you are right on traction aids, and yes it has been informative but class racing does have it limitations.

Auto Transport Service
Back