• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Window Fuzzies

pturner

Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
My 1968 Roadrunner is a hardtop car (no post). The rear inside window top metal trim panels (where you attach the fuzzies) have a slight curve to them with a larger curve at the back.
I have a fuzzy set with the rear larger upward curve, but the rest of the fuzzy is straight. Does anyone know if someone makes a set of of the slightly curved fuzzies? The small metal plate the fuzzy is made on will not bend. Do I notch the metal backing fuzzy plate to try to bow (bend) the fuzzy to match the inside seal trim plate? Anyone else had this issue?
thanks all
PT in Tennessee

I was going to ask this very same question. I thought I would have to notch it at the bottom as well but did not want to waste one guessing.

Do you have the correct upper rear inner door frame pieces? There is a slight difference for the coupe vs the hardtop due to the B-Pillar. The quarter felts only use the radius at the end of the felt where it transitions into the the C-pillar. The B-Body coupes uses a gasket to seal the quarter glass as they do not use any style of window felts.

Do you have the correct upper rear inner door frame pieces? There is a slight difference for the coupe vs the hardtop due to the B-Pillar. The quarter felts only use the radius at the end of the felt where it transitions into the the C-pillar. The B-Body coupes uses a gasket to seal the quarter glass as they do not use any style of window felts.
I have a hardtop (no Post). The metal inside frames are the ones that came on the car. my wife is the only owner of the car. i have the fuzzies for the inside that has the radius on the ends just as you describe. They sort of match the radius on the metal panel, BUT the inside metal frames are not straight from the door opening back to the radius. it is slightly radiused or arched.
thanks for any assistance or ideas.
PT in Tennessee

@pturner would it be possible to post a picture of the issue that you are experiencing? I am sure if we could see the issue, that someone on here could help you out with the problem.

@pturner would it be possible to post a picture of the issue that you are experiencing? I am sure if we could see the issue, that someone on here could help you out with the problem.
Yes, will take a pic at lunch and post. i think this will explain better.
PT

Sorry for the late reply. i am posting 4 pics for clarification.
Pic 1 shows straight edge to clarify radius of door panel
Pic 2 shows curved back portion with straight edge
Pic 3 shows straight fuzzy being held and radius under it
Pic 4 another one for clarity
Is there a fuzzy that is curved to match the panel? can this fuzzy be notched to match the panel?
Please help
PT in Tennessee

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg

The inner felts for the 68-70 B-Bodies were attached at the factory with basically a heavy staple that penetrates both the felt and the metal panel. The Dodge B-Body quarter glass felts are slightly longer than the Plymouth B-Body felts due to the differences in wheelbase. Doors are the same.

So I am assuming that your only having an issue with the inner felts for the quarter glass. The slight difference in the arch for the length of the felt can be achieved with the installation of the felt to the panel. The "upkick" at the back looks proportionately correct to the panel.

I tried to send you a private message, @pturner , but your inbox is full. If you could send me a message that would be great.

Gents, I am in the same position as pturner. My "fuzzies" do not have the arch at the door side and these do not want to bend. Has anybody just used screws or other types of fasteners instead of the staples?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Gents, I am in the same position as pturner. My "fuzzies" do not have the arch at the door side and these do not want to bend. Has anybody just used screws or other types of fasteners instead of the
Gents, I am in the same position as pturner. My "fuzzies" do not have the arch at the door side and these do not want to bend. Has anybody just used screws or other types of fasteners instead of the staples?

Working with 69bfan to get to a solution to my issue.
Send him a message and he might be able to help you. Will also post something in a day or so that might be helpful to others also.
Pt in tennessee

Nardo, did you contact 69bfan?
i am getting fuzzies tomorrow which should be correct. i will let you know.
thanks
Pat T

Hi Pat. I did not contact him as of yet. I did not want to disturb what you were working on with him. I am assuming the ones I have were just like yours and now you might of found the correct set? I am interested in how they get stapled on that panel.

Thanks
Paul

Last edited:
Hi Pat. I did not contact him as of yet. I did not want to disturb what you were working on with him. I am assuming the ones I have were just like yours and now you might of found the correct set? I am interested in how they get stapled on that panel.

Thanks
Paul

Here are pics of what i did. mounting one end with screw and home made tool, some holes were already in the metal backing plate but had to add one on the curved up end. stuck awl through the fuzzy side and holding the fuzzy-scratched a mark on the door top trim piece. center punch and drill holes in the door plate slightly oversized (for known error created in the marking). i had to put partially together several time to check marking and drilling. holes drilled in the fuzzy plate were drilled a smaller size to told the sheet metal screw. i screwed up one hole and had to use a #6 screw. will pit a small bead of black silicone on the underneath size just to try to seal a little more where the fuzzy plate does not fit perfectly against the door trim piece. Maybe this helps folks a little. Still have not figured out how to use the staples!
PT in Tennessee

IMG_0969.jpg IMG_0970.jpg IMG_0971.jpg IMG_0972.jpg IMG_0973.jpg IMG_0974.jpg IMG_0975.jpg IMG_0976.jpg IMG_0977.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back