• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuild Sun Visors?

Dibbons

Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
RE: 1972 Satellite Sebring Plus
I have some extra headliner fabric I suppose was targeted for the visors. After removing the old visor fabric, I find a few problems.

#1 One visor is missing a small corner of the fiberboard
#2 One visor is very difficult to turn on its axis rod, even after WD40 application.
#3 Both visors have two of the attaching factory staples pulled out of the fiberboard at the corners where the spring hinges and three screw holes are located.

I am almost tempted to replace the fiberboard with stainless steel (like I did with the glove compartment).

What are you gents and gals and "others" doing? Thank you.

The visors on my A100 were borked up like yours, dvr's side was loose and would continually fall down with every bump while the other was as stiff as a board to work. I found that the loose one was broken so I bought another set and replaced them. I dissected the broken one and found that it's basically a strip of metal wrapped around the section that's screwed to the car. basically a slip system over a rod. Your stiff one may be rusted on the inside and may have to have something stronger then WD to make it work. I'm talkin put it in a vice & spray bomb it and let it drip soak a few days then start workin it to see if it frees up. Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back