• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuilding the 6-Pack this Winter

Yes mostly stock and street driven. Mild purple camshaft (don't know the specs) and headers. However, I am saving my pennies for an engine rebuild and hoping to get it up to the 550hp range.

I guess for the money spent I would look at the fitech 6bbl setup unless it is a 6-pack car you are restoring. I wish holley did the sniper in 6bbl.

I guess for the money spent I would look at the fitech 6bbl setup unless it is a 6-pack car you are restoring. I wish holley did the sniper in 6bbl.
I have posted the patent application Holley submitted for a 3x2 Sniper, but I have no information that one exists.
Because of the stroker I have planned, the 600 HP limit of the FiTech unfortunately has ruled that out for me or I'd already have one! FiTech has confirmed there's no way to increase that limit. F&B is the only DPI/EFI option, and it has been done w/the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake.
Screenshot_2016-05-10-16-06-18.png
Screenshot_2016-05-10-16-10-27.png

I have posted the patent application Holley submitted for a 3x2 Sniper, but I have no information that one exists.
Because of the stroker I have planned, the 600 HP limit of the FiTech unfortunately has ruled that out for me or I'd already have one! FiTech has confirmed there's no way to increase that limit. F&B is the only DPI/EFI option, and it has been done w/the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake.
View attachment 1021652 View attachment 1021653
I have about a year to wait. I hope they do it as I have had perfect luck with holley fuel injection. qq

I have about a year to wait. I hope they do it as I have had perfect luck with holley fuel injection. qq
Honestly I thought I'd be able to get my 541 together by October 2021, and the nature of my business, I still may, but it's peaks and troughs, and I lost a good client right before Cruisin The Coast, that put me back about $5,200, and another wants me to check in Monday for another $2K plus job that I usually did around the same time.
So it's hard to be optimistic when I'm in a trough.

@68 HEMI GTS
I just reread the linked post by you, and other than having a dual wideband O2 sensor system installed a year ago at least, I haven't learned or done much regarding my 6bbl. The Promax mods lend towards easier tuning and rejetting, but I'm now working on tweaking all of the other stuff added to my car, mainly the hydraulic clutch, and once I get that, then on to the HitMaster launch control, Assassin traction bars and the new rear and existing front Viking shocks. I think a rejetting is important to work in there somewhere as I'm cruising in the mid to high 11:XX A/F ratio range.

Cruising in the 11’s is very hard on the engine. Ideally it should at least be in the 13’s.

Auto Transport Service
Back