• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Plug wires for my 440 (70) now HEI?

paladin06

Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
I do need them 90 degrees on both ends. Female coil and distributor connections. :)

Ordered the first ones. Nothing but the best for girls.

- - - Updated - - -

****! Got to change my order.

for regular street use get 250s... 50s will produce lot of radio Noise ( if you care about )

I really like the Firecore I use. He will make the wires to the size and ends you need. I just told him mine is a 440 and he sent me these that work perfect. Ron

100_2341_zps7ace2253.jpg

Ordered the first ones. Nothing but the best for girls.

- - - Updated - - -

****! Got to change my order.

It is at least what Firecore crew told me when I was buying. I requested the 50s but told was for hot street/driver use, so they sent me 250s. The 50s, are 50 ohms per foot. 250s are of course 250 ohms per foot. 5 ways more resistence, safer on street cars, but WAY BETTER than lot of performance sets available around ( MSD, Taylor, Accel etc... )

I spoke to them and they told me they sell hundreds of 50s for street use with no complaints. Whe I get them if they have issues I can return for exchange.

well, as I told, is what THEY told me... now they changed the version ?

Not saying won't work on a daily driver, just that if you care the radio noise ( what I do ), that's all

Another vote for firecore 50's...I have zero issues with interference, and am running an amp driven, 7 speaker, 1200 watt stereo system.

damn!!! I wanted 50s when I requested those, but they sent me 250s

what do believe now ?

Another vote for firecore 50's...I have zero issues with interference, and am running an amp driven, 7 speaker, 1200 watt stereo system.
Could you give some more detail of your sound system? I have the firecore 50's and am currently chasing a nasty ~10khz whine that i thought was being produced from my active crossover, but not sure what is inducing the noise. Do you have everything grounded to one point, multipoints?

Could you give some more detail of your sound system? I have the firecore 50's and am currently chasing a nasty ~10khz whine that i thought was being produced from my active crossover, but not sure what is inducing the noise. Do you have everything grounded to one point, multipoints?

mmm so could be real... ( which I think so )

No Osyman, everything is not grounded at one point. The 5 channel Kenwood amp is grounded to the trunk pan (where it is mounted). The Battery has a ground running to the inner fender (under the battery tray bracket), as well to the engine block. Also there is another ground running from the firewall to the engine block. The head unit is grounded to the drivers side dash mount bolt. The power wire, and remote wire for the amp run under the drivers side rocker wire covers. The pre amp outs to the amp and speaker wire back up to the kick panel speakers and center dash speakers from the amp all run under the passenger side rocker wire covers. Be sure you don't run your power wires along side your pre amp & speaker wires, you will probably be hearing a whine. The system is a 5 Channel Kenwood Excelon Amp, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood Excelon 12 Sub (in sealed box, in the trunk), two Polk Audio 6 x 9's in the back tray, Two Kenwood Execlon's in the kick panels, and two Polk Audio 3.5" speakers mounted in the center dash speaker area. Amp runs two kick panel speakers, 6 x 9's in the tray and the sub. Head unit runs the center dash speakers on the front channel. Hope it helps.

Hope those are incorrect stock photos, because those are not HEI wires which I believe he needs.

I believe he just updated his post title to say "now HEI?" at the end. If not, then I apologize, because I originally missed that somehow and posted the wrong links.

No Osyman, everything is not grounded at one point. The 5 channel Kenwood amp is grounded to the trunk pan (where it is mounted). The Battery has a ground running to the inner fender (under the battery tray bracket), as well to the engine block. Also there is another ground running from the firewall to the engine block. The head unit is grounded to the drivers side dash mount bolt. The power wire, and remote wire for the amp run under the drivers side rocker wire covers. The pre amp outs to the amp and speaker wire back up to the kick panel speakers and center dash speakers from the amp all run under the passenger side rocker wire covers. Be sure you don't run your power wires along side your pre amp & speaker wires, you will probably be hearing a whine. The system is a 5 Channel Kenwood Excelon Amp, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood Excelon 12 Sub (in sealed box, in the trunk), two Polk Audio 6 x 9's in the back tray, Two Kenwood Execlon's in the kick panels, and two Polk Audio 3.5" speakers mounted in the center dash speaker area. Amp runs two kick panel speakers, 6 x 9's in the tray and the sub. Head unit runs the center dash speakers on the front channel. Hope it helps.

Geez, Prop, how do you hear the sweet sounds of your motor? lol

Geez, Prop, how do you hear the sweet sounds of your motor? lol

Oh I leave plenty of decibel's for that Dave. I built and tuned the system for a nice crisp, clear, full sound.....not the blow your ear drum's out, thumpity thump, wang tang war sounds like some cat's do. A guy can only take so many years of the AM playing "Democracy Now" and "Today's Farm Report" on the crackly 4 Watt center. As far as the motor, doesn't take a whole lot of RPM for that to decorate the halls of the cabin with the sound of brute force. I don't think any system could replace the anticipated sound of a growly big block clearing it's throat.

Auto Transport Service
Back