• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remove Floor Bulges from Incorrect Jack Placement

Chargerjase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
Question for you body and panel experts. How do you remove these dents in the floor? I have tried a big hammer and dolly but its too tough. I have thought of a couple of ways using jacks to push it back, but nothing easy. I'm sure this is a common problem, so if you have successfully rectified this issue, please share.
Many Thanks
Jason

Theoretically speaking if you want to remove a dent you need to recreate what happened but in reverse order and from the other side of the panel. Hopefully the metal wasn't stretched too much. Good luck.

Here is a pic of mine after we took everything apart Jason. Where are your dents?
S4019989.jpg

Heat always helps....a lot. Downside, say goodbye to any type of coating on the floor in that area (easy enough to remedy though). Good luck.

I'm thinking a torch and a small sleg will go along ways in fixing the problem!!:headbang:

You will.have to repaint any way you look at it... Heat helps but don't go too crazy with it doesn't have to get red hot and keep a fire extinguisher handy in case.

Here is a pic of mine after we took everything apart Jason. Where are your dents?
View attachment 199529

I really only have one major dent and that's as pictured.
IMG_2287.jpgIMG_2288.jpg
Heat is probably the answer, and a repaint is not a problem since I'm due to start restoring her shortly. I was just wondering if there was a fool proof cold method. Hopefully these pics help.
Cheers

Is the frame rail pushed up too? Sure looks like it's the area right above it....

Definitely not a jacking point.

Do you have a 300lb friend?

If you have your side upholstery panels out you might be able to cut a 4x4 to fit inside the openings. (From one side of the car, to the other) Make sure its strong enough and place a jack between the 4x4 and floor. You might be able to strengthen inside of the side openings with scrap angle iron or 2x4...

Is the frame rail pushed up too? Sure looks like it's the area right above it....

Hey Cranky, no its beside the frame rail. I'm guessing that it may have slipped off the jack at some stage causing the dent. There is another less severe one under the passengers seat as well, so that's two to knock out

post some from the ender side

I had the same dents on my floor, except on both sides. a 2x4 and sledge go a long way, carefully. you can use a floor jack and more wood on the bottom side to keep it supported while you beat it into submission , carefully lol

Just an update guys, i have successfully knocked out the dents. I took WP29440SE advice and took a sledge hammer to it and a block of wood. I was doing this before but obviously I was not being brutish enough. I finished it off with a smaller hammer and a dolly. I appreciate all your help guys.

That is exactly what it looks like too, incorrectly placed floor jack. They are lucky the floor wasn't rotted there, that would have been nasty.
Glad you got it ... sometimes it needs some tough love ... LOL! :angry9:

Last edited:
I'd guess someone had a jack or stand on the frame rail next to the dent, then it slipped. Moments later the owner was in the bathroom cleaning out his drawers.

Leave it,who the heck would even bother with a dent on the bottom side?

Auto Transport Service
Back