• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

removing bucket seats

d9103365

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I've got a 75 fury sport with buckets. I want to take them out to recover them. The bolts are hard to get to and the car sits low to the ground. There's even some exhaust shielding around some of the bolts. Even driving the car up on ramps, the bolts closer to the interior are almost impossible to get to.

Any special techniques you've used to get to these bolts and remove the seats?

Get a good quality set of jack stands and a good hydraulic jack. It takes tools to work on cars. Always get the best you can afford.

I've got a 75 fury sport with buckets. I want to take them out to recover them. The bolts are hard to get to and the car sits low to the ground. There's even some exhaust shielding around some of the bolts. Even driving the car up on ramps, the bolts closer to the interior are almost impossible to get to.

Any special techniques you've used to get to these bolts and remove the seats?
Yeah... use a ratchet.

I'm just keeping you guys on your toes...remember, jacks are not to be trusted and jack stands will fail and crush your brains. I fear them. Looking for creative solutions like large tree stumps or a very strong neighbor.

Looking for creative solutions like large tree stumps or a very strong neighbor.
Have someone else do the job! This ain't rocket science you know! Then again maybe it is for you because you asked the question? Good Luck

Have someone else do the job! This ain't rocket science you know! Then again maybe it is for you because you asked the question? Good Luck
Please control your rage.

Hey listen guys, I'm Mopar'in Jay Leno style....I got 10 of these cars....can't do everything myself...I need you people to get your hands dirty while I supervise.
So whose free this weekend? Please bring your own tools as well.

Hey listen guys, I'm Mopar'in Jay Leno style....I got 10 of these cars....can't do everything myself...I need you people to get your hands dirty while I supervise.
So whose free this weekend? Please bring your own tools as well.
....been a while since we got a good old trolling....lol....got some bites.

I'm just keeping you guys on your toes...remember, jacks are not to be trusted and jack stands will fail and crush your brains. I fear them. Looking for creative solutions like large tree stumps or a very strong neighbor.
Is time to curl up in the fetal position? Keep us on are toes?:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:
Oh man.

Auto Transport Service
Back