• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing sun visors off the rod ?

If there is a tension screw, loosen that before trying to twist and slide off

If there is a tension screw it will be on the visor near the swivel point.
1682720721741.png

When I got my hippy van, I had a visor that wouldn't stay up. Upon trying to do the same as you I came to find out that there's a metal plate sewn into the visor itself that's is tightly wrapped & crimped to the rod. Think friction fit.
I would've had to cut all the stitching and remove all the visor to repair it. I just wound up getting new/different visors.
You could also go talk to an upholstery shop and ask them about it.
Question, will visor panels from a 1960-1961 chrysler/new yorker/new port fit a 1962 Plymouth Fury ?
They might? The mounts should be the same. My replacement visors didn't have that tapered down area the goes around the rear-view mirror and clip into the mirror. But at least now I don't have to push up the mirror after going over every bump! Good Luck

Question, will visor panels from a 1960-1961 chrysler/new yorker/new port fit a 1962 Plymouth Fury ?

I'm not sure of the exact year but the ones I used were from an early Chrysler. The rods were totally different at the mount, thats why i swapped them. Get a measurement of the total length and compare the shape between the two. Top one is my original, bottom one is a early Chrysler.

20180719_172048.jpg

Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back